Home

Rare Players - Madden 25 CFM's

This is a discussion on Rare Players - Madden 25 CFM's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rare Players - Madden 25 CFM's

Additionally, this LT starts as a rookie on the Saints roster. Note, since I'm in year 2 of this CFM, these are his year 2 stats, but the foundation stats probably didn't change.

LT Terron Armstead
6'4" / 306 lbs
Pass Blocker / Zone Run
OVR: 79
SPD: 80
ACC: 85
STR: 83
IBK: 88
RBK: 79
PBK: 85
AGI: 75
AWR: 77

He could use some more STR, but his SPD/ACC/AGI combo is top-notch for an O-lineman.

Though, he seems to be a slight pain to attempt to acquire via trade from the Saints. They definitely won't just give him away. I tried offering 3 first rounders, including the #2 overall pick during the draft, nada.

Haven't built up the necessary ammo to acquire him for this new CFM yet.

BTW, the above RT, Larvary Broussard is also a Pass Blocker / Zone Run.

Last edited by Robrain; 03-30-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #26
Rookie

I don't have all his stats on hand but LT Grayson in the Braithwaite draft has 85 speed, 90 Str and high 80s acc/agi. Is pretty much 85+ overall in any scheme

I think Carlos Dunlap counts--6'6/7 290 with mid 80s athleticism

Also, there are quite a few draftable MLBs with mid 80s or higher in all athletic stats which is pretty unique compared to the regular rosters
Old 03-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefrees
I don't have all his stats on hand but LT Grayson in the Braithwaite draft has 85 speed, 90 Str and high 80s acc/agi. Is pretty much 85+ overall in any scheme

I think Carlos Dunlap counts--6'6/7 290 with mid 80s athleticism

Also, there are quite a few draftable MLBs with mid 80s or higher in all athletic stats which is pretty unique compared to the regular rosters
Yeah, whenever I assemble a group of 6'5", 6'6", and 6'7" Linebackers by converting DE's at the beginning of a new CFM, the usual suspects are:

6'5" Ezekiel Ansah (Detroit Lions)
6'6" Dion Jordan (Miami Dolphins)
6'6" Quinton Coples (New York Jets, actually starts at LOLB but usually gets moved to DE once Rex Ryan gets fired)
6'6" Carlos Dunlap (Cincinnati Bengals)
6'7" Michael Johnson (Cincinnati Bengals)

Sometimes Dunlap ends up cheap on the trade block early into a new CFM. I think you usually have to resign him and Michael Johnson at the end of year 1, which can be tough to do sometimes if you are overhauling the roster and cut / traded away a bunch of players during the first season and took on a big salary cap penalty (since quality DEs like those two cost a boatload to resign, unless you trick the CPU by changing their position to linebacker and a scheme that doesn't suit their strengths [causes their OVR to drop making them cheaper to resign] as soon as it reaches the offseason, then you can resign them much more cheaply as LBs)

Quinton Coples is 6'6" but not exactly fast. I guess you could say he's decently fast FOR HIS SIZE, because his character model looks like a defensive tackle running around playing linebacker - he looks like a fat guy. But he's a hard hitter and can injure players coming across the middle if you let the CPU float him in that area. Also pretty solid stopping the run up the middle and can pass rush a bit.

Dunlap is like a slightly more athletic version of Coples, might be a bit better at rushing the passer, but I don't think Dunlap hits as hard.

I like to have Coples on the field as much as possible because it means there's always a chance to force a fumble.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
Additionally, this LT starts as a rookie on the Saints roster. Note, since I'm in year 2 of this CFM, these are his year 2 stats, but the foundation stats probably didn't change.

LT Terron Armstead
6'4" / 306 lbs
Pass Blocker / Zone Run
OVR: 79
SPD: 80
ACC: 85
STR: 83
IBK: 88
RBK: 79
PBK: 85
AGI: 75
AWR: 77

He could use some more STR, but his SPD/ACC/AGI combo is top-notch for an O-lineman.

Though, he seems to be a slight pain to attempt to acquire via trade from the Saints. They definitely won't just give him away. I tried offering 3 first rounders, including the #2 overall pick during the draft, nada.

Haven't built up the necessary ammo to acquire him for this new CFM yet.
OMG, the Saints must think this LT is Jesus himself, come to save the franchise after Drew Brees retired at the end of Year 1.

It's the first week of preseason, Year 2, just after the draft.

This is the INSANE haul I had to assemble in order to pry LT Terron Armstead from the Saints:

HB Matt Forte (93 OVR)
FB Marcel Reece (92 OVR - their current FB = 61 OVR)
QB Philip Rivers (86 OVR - their current QB Chad Henne = 76 OVR)

for

LT Terron Armstead (84 OVR)
4th Rounder

This could be a symptom of them only having one LT (Armstead) on their roster, but geez. He was originally the 13th pick in the 3rd round of the 2013 draft.

I took over the Eagles franchise, so acquiring Rivers, Forte, and Reece via trade from the Chargers, Bears, and Packers (Reece signed with them in Free Agency), was like trying to solve a Rubik's cube.

Plus I also had to cut and resign / restructure both Rivers and Forte after I acquired them just so I could fit them under my own cap while I set up the final trade with the Saints.

Then I found out the Saints didn't have enough cap room, so I had to cut Rivers and Forte temporarily to free up some of my cap space, then had to acquire CB Jabari Greer from the Saints via trade in order to lower THEIR cap number, then I cut Greer, resigned Rivers and Forte from the FA pool, and FINALLY made the trade.

I guess he really was Jesus, because after Brees suddenly retired, the haul the Saints got from trading Armstead probably saved their franchise.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:19 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
RT Larvary Broussard
Drafted 2.27
6'5" / 301 lbs
OVR: 77
SPD: 84
ACC: 80
STR: 92
IBK: 74
RBK: 78
PBK: 63
AGI: 68
AWR: 78

Cost me my future projected 1.10 + a 4th rounder to acquire him from the Redskins.

One of the very rare O-linemen to have 80+ SPD / ACC, and to ALSO have 90+ STR.

His blocking stats need to be boosted with XP but he possibly has one of the best SPD/ACC/STR foundations of any O-lineman.
Bonus tip about this guy. While fiddling with my depth chart, I was scrolling down the TE position looking at the TRK stat to see which TE I was going to make my 3rd stringer.

While most offensive linemen surprisingly suck at TRK (6'8" 315 lbs LT Jared Veldheer has 96 STR yet an astoundingly low 10 TRK, and the common TRK stat for offensive linemen is typically either 10 or 20), Larvary Broussard not only has 84 SPD and 80 ACC (at 6'5" 301 lbs), but he also has a devastating 85 TRK!

His CTH/CIT stats are just 35/38 (though his SPC is a reasonable 66), but he also comes packed with 60 RTE and 63 BPR (Beat Press Coverage)! All those stats are typically set at 10 or 15 for offensive linemen.

What does this mean?

Go into a formation like I-Formation Tight Pair which puts 2 TEs on the same end of the offensive line. Make sure this guy is the outside TE and hot route him to a zig route. Then have the inside TE run a deeper route over the top of him to clear out the nearby coverage. If it works, and he's open, you can hit this guy on the zig route and catch and run down the sideline, demolishing any lone CB that tries to tackle this 6'5" 301 lbs, 84 SPD 80 ACC 92 STR 85 TRK behemoth!

Bet it would be fun to pull that play out of your bag of tricks during online play against your friends
Old 03-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #30
Rookie

I think that is him I know one guy can be 400 pounds
Old 04-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #31
Rookie

Cheers for the posts Robrain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #32
Rookie

Continuing my expanded research into Offensive Linemen with high SPD, I'm beginning to realize that the draft classes may have MANY offensive linemen with 70-75 SPD. At least, the Eli Watson / Nick Obregon draft class did.

I think I'm going to start only considering draft class offensive linemen that have at least 80 SPD as "Rare".

LT Alante Gibbons
Scheme: West Coast

I forget what his original style / type is as LT when he's originally drafted. As soon as you move him to RG like I did, it automatically changes to Zone Blocking (which makes sense given how fast he is).

83 OVR as a RG in my scheme straight out of the draft.

SPD: 86
ACC: 76
STR: 77

Unfortunately he has sub-80 STR and ACC. However, for those of you who practice, that 86 SPD should bring a smile to your face, since you'll be able to improve his STR and ACC with XP.

AWR: 68
AGI: 76
STA: 77

TGH: 83
INJ: 79

Looks like he might get injured fairly often if you sim.

IBK: 84
RBK: 86
PBK: 78

Starts with solid blocking stats as well. Bump his AWR to a reasonable level and then all you've really got to work on are his STR and ACC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »