Home

User QB Awareness Rating

This is a discussion on User QB Awareness Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
User QB Awareness Rating

I've heard so many theories on this but, does anyone know for sure if the Awareness rating matters for a QB if you control him?

I used to be sure it didn't but, I have Ryan Mallett as my QB in the CFM I'm in and I'm starting to wonder.

I have his short and Med accuracy up to 93. His deep at 87. His THP is 99. His consistency is maxed. I left his awareness alone because I thought it didn't matter. It's at 55. Despite his accuracy ratings he is still very inaccurate way to much. Is this because of AWR?

Any feedback would be awesome.

I was told by a DEV on Twitter that it didn't matter. Maybe EA doesn't know? Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: User QB Awareness Rating

My understanding from previous conversations on this forum is that the AWR rating does not affect _any_ user-controlled player. Not just user-controlled quarterbacks.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

What difficulty base sliders? Even with good stats, at 99 Power you often have to take some off otherwise you will overthrow often. Idk though.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

User QB Awareness Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefrees
What difficulty base sliders? Even with good stats, at 99 Power you often have to take some off otherwise you will overthrow often. Idk though.

We use modified AM ones in our league. I've thought
that really high TP might be a part of the issue
Old 04-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
Rookie

My belief is that there is an underlying formula which takes into account your QB's accuracy/AWR stats, as well as the receiver's catch/RTE/RLS stats. I believe these factor into the occurrences where you user throw a pass, and the ball hits your receiver right in the hands when there are no defenders around him and he straight drops it.

And no, it's not the Drops Open Passes trait. Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald can suddenly have this problem crop up if you have a sucky, inaccurate QB like Tebow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
Rookie

What if they are on a cold streak? Dropping open passes is a common digression a cold WR has
Old 04-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #7
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefrees
What if they are on a cold streak? Dropping open passes is a common digression a cold WR has

He was on a hot streak
Old 04-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #8
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
My belief is that there is an underlying formula which takes into account your QB's accuracy/AWR stats, as well as the receiver's catch/RTE/RLS stats. I believe these factor into the occurrences where you user throw a pass, and the ball hits your receiver right in the hands when there are no defenders around him and he straight drops it.

And no, it's not the Drops Open Passes trait. Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald can suddenly have this problem crop up if you have a sucky, inaccurate QB like Tebow.

The passes I'm talking about are times when he throws it 5 feet over a receivers head or 10 yards behind. I know sliders play a part but I don't see the same things as much with other QB's that have lower acc ratings. Awr is the only stone I have left unturned

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »