Home

WHAT IF Thread - Suggest Scenarios / Give Opinions

This is a discussion on WHAT IF Thread - Suggest Scenarios / Give Opinions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
WHAT IF Thread - Suggest Scenarios / Give Opinions

I think we all know that one of the main things left that offers replayability in Madden 25 is the ability to alter the course of a franchise by changing up it's roster.

I've seen some really good suggestions that I've thought would make for entertaining playthroughs, and decided to create this thread where people can suggest scenarios and also offer feedback for people wanting to propose ideas for a franchise-playthrough.

I've only dabbled with 32-team control once, but some of these would probably make use of that to push through trades that otherwise wouldn't go through.

Alright, I'll start.

The Minnesota Vikings have to be in Win-now mode. Adrian Peterson isn't getting any younger. They have a great building-block receiver in Cordarrelle Patterson, but they lack an effective QB to pair with him.

What would you suggest as compensation if the Atlanta Falcons, not believing in Matt Ryan as their long-term QB, attempt to offload him to the Minnesota Vikings for a boatload of draft picks?

This could either happen before Year 1 or Year 2 of the franchise. Was thinking if it happened before Year 1, the Vikings might include QB/WR Joe Webb as a very minor piece of the trade.

Was thinking the Falcons could then sign Michael Vick (it would be a major headline like when Randy Moss returned to Minnesota), with Joe Webb backing him up, potentially also acquiring Terrelle Pryor as competition for Joe Webb for the backup / potential future starter role.

Vikings would then have Matt Ryan, Adrian Peterson, and Cordarrelle Patterson, but would likely have to have given up a hefty amount of draft picks in exchange for making a legitimate run at the Super Bowl.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WHAT IF Thread - Suggest Scenarios / Give Opinions

Other quick ones:

Take over the Giants. If you were to trade Eli Manning away while he's still worth something in a trade, what team would you trade him to? I think I traded him to the Cardinals once, I think it was as part of a trade so that I could acquire DE Calais Campbell. It would give Larry Fitzgerald a viable QB.

Another time I traded Geno Smith to the Giants.

One time I controlled the Titans and traded Chris Johnson to the Redskins for them to pair with RGIII - speed and more speed. I think it might have been part of a deal to acquire Brian Orakpo.

I wanted to completely overhaul a franchise just for fun, so I took over the Saints and traded Drew Brees to the Dolphins. Might have been for DE Dion Jordan and some draft picks.

I think when overhauling the Jaguars, I usually trade away Maurice Jones Drew to the Cardinals. Gives them a solid runner to take a little pressure off Larry Fitzgerald's shoulders.

I think I traded Ryan Mathews away to the Dolphins during my Chargers CFM.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: WHAT IF Thread - Suggest Scenarios / Give Opinions

I'm not a fan of them, but there's something about taking over the Raiders moving to LA then drafting Manziel that really has me intrigued right now. I'd have to restart though so probably not for a while

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »