Home

Anyone know how long Madden 25 will be supported on last gen?

This is a discussion on Anyone know how long Madden 25 will be supported on last gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone know how long Madden 25 will be supported on last gen?

With the announcement of Madden 15 I'm wondering how long EA will support the online play of Madden 25 on last gen consoles?

Madden and NCAA are pretty much the only games my friends and I play together on the 360 and we play throughout the year. I have a feeling Madden 15 will only be next gen. We are fine with playing Madden 25 for as long as we can before spending the $$$ to upgrade to next gen. Just wondering of anyone knows how long til EA shuts down Madden 25 online for last gen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone know how long Madden 25 will be supported on last gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne
With the announcement of Madden 15 I'm wondering how long EA will support the online play of Madden 25 on last gen consoles?

Madden and NCAA are pretty much the only games my friends and I play together on the 360 and we play throughout the year. I have a feeling Madden 15 will only be next gen. We are fine with playing Madden 25 for as long as we can before spending the $$$ to upgrade to next gen. Just wondering of anyone knows how long til EA shuts down Madden 25 online for last gen?

madden 15 will be on 360 and ps3 not sure about how long I think its up to like a yr or something like that could be longer.

I remember when I had the ps2 version the last was 12 and when I was playing that online a few yrs back madden 10 online play was still up but it could change by now I always thought they stopped once the new game came out.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne
I have a feeling Madden 15 will only be next gen.

That's not gonna happen right away. Way to many people still using 360 and PS3, me included. You still got more people using the old systems then the new at this point.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I wouldn't worry about the servers too much. Granted, you usually have about 24-30 months for each title to have online matches supported.

As stated above, chances are good that 360 and PS3 will have Madden games through at least Madden 16. After that it will be determined by sales of those titles. The PS2 had an unusually long life-span for a console and that is why they kept pushing out Madden games as long as they did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »