Home

Man defense alignment

This is a discussion on Man defense alignment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Man defense alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Mac
Another thing I do because I feel my man coverage is pretty good I play as the FS. You can play Man 2 Under and as the FS you can double any receiver that might have an advantage over your LB's or weaker CB's.

That's what I do the last game I played I was the Bills vs the Patriots and I held Brady to 9-24 for 71 yards. He did get injured in the game and missed 1 quarter of play but that's still pretty dominant.
I play that way too always. I feel zone coverages dont work on this game. the cpu wr s usually will run out of the zone my def is in and get those 3 rd down conversions
Old 05-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #10
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Mac
You should play with either the FS or the SS because if they are elite then they can control the game. Think Ed Reed in his prime at FS and Troy Polamalu at SS in his prime.
He's playing coach mode.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:50 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens99
Not trying to get off your topic but it has to do with the cpu passing. I have noticed that the int s thrown by the cpu the return yards will count for cpu s passing yards. I have been keeping track of the last 10 games and have noticed the cpu wr s yards dont match the qb s yards but if you look at your def int yards it adds up. I have also noticed at game stats screen will show cpu passing yards at example 250 but look at player stats and the cpu qb will have like 188 or so. Because of this i dont get to wrapped up an passing stats because most of the time they are off. I worry more about overall def
I've never noticed any discrepancies in the CPU passing yardage. Maybe you're referring to the CPU's total passing yards under game stats being lower than the QB's total yards. That's because yardage lost from sacks count against total overall passing yards. I don't see any way the CPU QB's actual yards are lower than the total CPU passing yards.

But, back to the original topic. So, there's no Man Lock button or any sort of defensive assignments? Did they remove both of these things from the game? Why do they remove things like that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 04:14 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

radically changed my roster for fun

playing vs some 1 yr qb, first half hold him to 98 yds, he gets 400 2nd half ...

still rated a 90 D btw
Old 05-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #13
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I've never noticed any discrepancies in the CPU passing yardage. Maybe you're referring to the CPU's total passing yards under game stats being lower than the QB's total yards. That's because yardage lost from sacks count against total overall passing yards. I don't see any way the CPU QB's actual yards are lower than the total CPU passing yards.

But, back to the original topic. So, there's no Man Lock button or any sort of defensive assignments? Did they remove both of these things from the game? Why do they remove things like that?
Defensive assignment was horribly broken. If you, for example, put Revis on Calvin Johnson, and then they moved Johnson into the slot and split the #3 wideout out wide on the opposite side, then Revis and your slot DB would be standing on top of each other and the other WR would be completely unguarded. They didn't know how to adjust the AI for different personnel groupings or formations.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #14
Banned

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL/MLB/NBA Jersey just need $18.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
Share our site you on Facebook can get the 5% discount code!~
We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
Enjoy the best online shipping experience
www dot efeelsports dot ru
Old 05-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #15
Rookie

I play that way too always.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #16
Rookie

I play that way too always.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »