Home

Madden '12 is the pinnacle

This is a discussion on Madden '12 is the pinnacle within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden '12 is the pinnacle

I have both NCAA 12/Madden 12 and I'll probably try to get back into it, though I don't remember either game blowing me away. As for Madden 15, it was kind of deflating to read comments from other last gen users either try to convince themselves it was definitely worth the $65 bucks over Madden 25, or come to the realization that we last gen gamers got the short end of the stick. That's why I canceled my preorder weeks ago, despite an annoying gamestop clerk trying to sell me hard on preorder madden team offers.

I, like I assume the rest of you guys, will try to make this my last year on last gen consoles. Until then, I'd rather dust off my old games for one more year at least.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:35 AM   #10
Rookie

kenchun24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
'12 is the most recent Madden I've played (Probably gonna get '15 this year though) and I have to agree that it was the most sound Madden I've played this generation. The gameplay was very good and I really appreciated the additions they made to franchise mode that year (expanded preseason rosters, practice, free agent bidding, real rookie faces etc.). My only 2 gripes were the super jump LB's and no Extra Point wrap up show from '10 and '11.
Hmm... Madden '12 huh? I dug the "Extra Point" started in Madden 10 (I think), I hated Madden 11 though that I just played '10 forever, purchased M '12 around December that year it released but didn't really play it. Still have it, maybe I should dust it off, check out past forums for sliders & rosters and give it a go.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:52 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

I initially bought it because they finally put a Browns player on the cover, but I have to admit, it was really good. I think I went into year 4 of a franchise, a personal record for me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #12
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Best Madden of that generation at least IMO. I still play it. I'm only getting M15 because someone bought it for me. Those sim stats and progression look really awful but the gameplay does look improved significantly.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

Let's not forget the NFL Network style team entrances!

Last edited by Segagendude; 08-24-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #14
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I've used the editor but have also easily edited in game just the same.

The purpose in lowering block shed for dt's is that besides LB's jumping,the dt's getting too much of a pass rush is probably the games biggest gameplay issue.You don't expect the Colts very mediocre dt's to get as much pressure as Mathis and Freeney and this pretty much negates this and makes them anchor more.

I use 32 team control because if you're somewhat picky with player management it has been a must for years now including from what they're saying this years version.
Do you manually release all the cpu created players every off season? And do you go back through and lower the rookies block shedding and jumping attributes every off season? I think I may take this up myself if it doesn't take too incredibly long. How do you handle progressions for players with jumping and block shedding?
Old 08-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #15
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Completely agree, when you get the right sliders for your style the game is pretty perfect for what was given by the team, the longest I've ever made it in a franchise (currently on the 2026 Divisional Playoffs). Glad that the new game rosters are still being given to it, I've tried 13 and 25, and it just doesn't feel right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

M12 is still my favorite. Still have my Year 13 Bucs franchise around.

I thought M15 might be my favorite, but after reading that post about the things NOT in the PS3 version, looks like M12 will still be my overall favorite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »