Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #73
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've been peeking over at the NG sliders forum and I found out that CowerPower and Schnaidt discovered that the RBlkg sliders are backwards. Put it back up to 50 and it's harder to run on, lower it to 1 and you can have a game like you did.

When I have more time, I'll share my impressions and sliders next week.
Wouldn't be the first time this happened. Will give this a shot and pray it works. Run blocking slider at 100 here I come! Is this for both user and CPU?
Old 08-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #74
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Wouldn't be the first time this happened. Will give this a shot and pray it works. Run blocking slider at 100 here I come! Is this for both user and CPU?
I thought it was just for user, but could be for both.

Good question.

Here's Schnaidt's discovery:

1 thing i think i found...that the run block slider is reversed...the higher it goes the worse...i had it at 1 and was busting out 10 yards a carry...

bumped it up aboved 50 and now getting stopped at the line or only 2 to 3 yards with a 6 yarder every so often..

Here is CP's reply:

I can confirm this also.
I just finished a game trying out Josh's sliders,and I noticed he had RB lowered...my initial thought was ...I'm gonna get killed...lol

But lo and behold,my running game seemed to be quite a bit easier than when I had RB at default...so it would seem that the RB slider is indeed reversed.

So, could be for both.

His current run blkg is 10 user 75 for CPU and this is on Pro.

Last edited by roadman; 08-30-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #75
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

I just took the same matchup with Jamaal Charles against the Eagles with changing user run block to 100. It might have been a little harder. Only played a half focusing on the run game. Had 18 carries for 81 yards so not as successful but third and short was automatic with guards pushing back the DTs on every play.

I don't know if it's harder but it's pathetic that I can't tell the difference between 0 and 100. It's a 100 point scale! There should be a HUGE difference! I personally think the slider does nothing but I'll pray EA patches this (if we get a patch).

I do think the sliders probably act different between PS3 and PS4. I read QB accuracy at 0 will lead to cpu running 80% of the time but I'm not seeing that slider affect play calling on PS3 myself. I see balance despite having cpu under 5.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-30-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just took the same matchup with Jamaal Charles against the Eagles with changing user run block to 100. It might have been a little harder. Only played a half focusing on the run game. Had 18 carries for 81 yards so not as successful but third and short was automatic with guards pushing back the DTs on every play.

I don't know if it's harder but it's pathetic that I can't tell the difference between 0 and 100. It's a 100 point scale! There should be a HUGE difference! I personally think the slider does nothing but I'll pray EA patches this (if we get a patch).

I do think the sliders probably act different between PS3 and PS4. I read QB accuracy at 0 will lead to cpu running 80% of the time but I'm not seeing that slider affect play calling on PS3 myself. I see balance despite having cpu under 5.
The only thing I'm afraid of is QBA so low that the CPU doesn't try to go deep a few times and dinks and dumps for higher completion %'s. That's is what I was discovering in my first few games.

Maybe your experience is different because I see other QBA's on the low end.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 1

forgetting actual play, stats or anything

- freezes at lots of different points, in and out of games
- stutters/hesitation at lots of points
- delegate weekly prep button stopped actually doing anything but putting a tick and using no hours
- depth chart freezes
- custom playbook hail mary bug

naively on gameplay i thought more than 3 players on a roster practiced a week, according to EA thats not correct
weekly prep should be like 2k5 was, logical and included all players/coaches if you wanted, this hampers any development or differentiation especially in preseason when trying to spot potential
nothing jumps out at me and says im better than M25, functional ive never played a more buggy madden
Old 08-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #78
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The only thing I'm afraid of is QBA so low that the CPU doesn't try to go deep a few times and dinks and dumps for higher completion %'s. That's is what I was discovering in my first few games.

Maybe your experience is different because I see other QBA's on the low end.
Ugh. I was afraid of that. I was enjoying seeing the cpu take some shots sometimes down field. Man, this is really my only complaint so far, since I can actually hit some deep balls with Stafford and my DLine plays like they should.

Im hoping we find a good balance/workaround.

Anyone tried pro with some cpu upticks to see the results? I remember an ncaa where the user team played better on the lower levels
Old 08-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #79
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

@rudyjuly, the eagles are a 3-4 team, so with 3-4 teams its easier to run in the middle and harder to run outside. Try going vs a 4-3 team like the lions or seahawks or bengals and see if your getting that same push in the middle. just a thought.

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)
Old 08-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #80
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Ugh. I was afraid of that. I was enjoying seeing the cpu take some shots sometimes down field. Man, this is really my only complaint so far, since I can actually hit some deep balls with Stafford and my DLine plays like they should.

Im hoping we find a good balance/workaround.

Anyone tried pro with some cpu upticks to see the results? I remember an ncaa where the user team played better on the lower levels
I may try Pro if I can't get the other levels to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
@rudyjuly, the eagles are a 3-4 team, so with 3-4 teams its easier to run in the middle and harder to run outside. Try going vs a 4-3 team like the lions or seahawks or bengals and see if your getting that same push in the middle. just a thought.
I will try that later tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm also going to use penalty slider adjustments to reduce the OL. Reducing clipping is supposed reduce the double teams which work too well. Going to try and reduce false start, holding and boost offside to help out the DL per some slider threads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »