Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Most Anticipated Sports Games of 2023
Five Ways EA Sports PGA Tour Can Improve Golf Career Modes
Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

Old 09-03-2014, 01:08 AM   #97
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Had my first freeze. A super bowl loss that froze after the game was over. First one in a week.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #98
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
I don't know what it is but I like the 360 version better then the X1 version. To me the game play plays better . The x1 version , hands down looks a 1000x better but it feel loose for some reason. I think I am good with the 360 version so I won't be going to next Gen for awhile.
Really? How so?

I hope you are not trolling. I just had a buddy return to M25 on 360 from M15 on XB1 :/

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 08:01 AM   #99
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
have u tried sliders?

i have my QB accuracy at 3 now and WR catching at 35. the last couple games i played with QB accuracy at 1 and RG3 was 14-30, matt ryan was 30-52, and matt cassell was 9-20.
I agree. QB accuracy has to be I the 2-4 area to be realistic. The CPU QBs still seem way too similar regardless of awareness but they and myself will miss.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #100
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
have u tried sliders?

i have my QB accuracy at 3 now and WR catching at 35. the last couple games i played with QB accuracy at 1 and RG3 was 14-30, matt ryan was 30-52, and matt cassell was 9-20.
I had droppd my slider down to 5 QBA, but was noticing a trend of dumpoffs by all qbs. Now it may not be the case for everyone, but that's what was trending in my Lions CM games. My frustration level on defense was a little too high for my taste.

The point is moot soon since I'm actually upgrading to a PS4 soon, but i heard the issue is there as well. Just gonna revisit the game at a later date since FIFA AND Destiny come out this month.

Please don't think I'm trying to crap on the game though. It's just this one thing.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Storm
If you have a copy of Madden 25, customize the rosters before launching into CFM and release a few high profile players into the FA pool. Once you've done that, start a new CFM and try signing those players (with Salary Cap disabled). I guarantee that you will be able to sign them, regardless of signing bonus (even if it places your funds in the negative). Now try the same process in Madden 15; it won't work.

Sure, signing bonuses being deducted from your overall revenue is "realistic", but disabling the salary cap isn't realistic, so why is this rule still imposed on those who disable the salary cap? The whole premise of disabling the salary cap is having unlimited funds. There is no possibility of doing a fantasy draft or rebuilding a franchise that desperately needs a new stadium without having to watch your starters leave in mass exodus at the start of the second season, in Madden 15. This is a game-breaking flaw. EA has never really managed to get the salary cap feature tuned correctly, mostly because contracts aren't as one-dimensional as an overall value and a signing bonus. There are incentives, clauses, etc that help protect teams from reaching beyond their cap. They removed the option for back-ended contracts in Madden 25 and that was really the final nail in the coffin for a salary cap enabled CFM.
I actually did the best buy deal for madden 15 and traded in madden 25 and got madden 15 for 35 bucks.

I've never tried to release and sign high profile players like that before but I do know is that when you start a franchise as a coach you automatically start with zero dollars to spend on signing bonuses, you have to play into the year to generate revenue. Same goes for owner mode unless you create an owner and choose the owner that starts with 10 million, but as far as I know that's the only way to start a franchise with money in the bank.

The one thing I do not like is that when you resign your players during the year it's not showing you how much revenue you have to spend on bonuses. so when you get to free agency if you spent all your money resigning your players you won't know what you have to spend in free agency until you actually try to give a player a deal. Case in point, Robert Mathis decided he wanted to try free agency, I signed the other players on my team and when it came time to go after Mathis in FA I had -100$ to start with. I would not have signed all the players I did if I knew it was going to put me in a whole come FA. THAT is the one thing I do not like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #102
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

I've really enjoyed madden 15. Definitely like the display of stats during the game under the score bar that's much improved. Running game is a lot harder and definitely some inaccurate throw's. Definitely a upgrade from madden 25 in my opinion
Old 09-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #103
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by natejelinek
Does anyone else find it too easy to pass on default all-pro? It may just be that Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall are just that good, but they get open so easily.. deep ins, spot passes, and mesh plays are just automatic. Should i lower pass blocking or crank up pass coverage or just accept that Marshall and Jeffery are animals?
I'm using all-pro sliders and passing isn't to bad for enjoying it though
Old 09-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #104
Rookie

Orbit Storm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veditor
I've never tried to release and sign high profile players like that before but I do know is that when you start a franchise as a coach you automatically start with zero dollars to spend on signing bonuses, you have to play into the year to generate revenue. Same goes for owner mode unless you create an owner and choose the owner that starts with 10 million, but as far as I know that's the only way to start a franchise with money in the bank.
For Madden 15, that method is correct. That is not, however, the way it should function when salary caps are disabled. There really is no point in disabling the cap if you're still required to provide funds for signing bonuses. You'll be able to sign players to larger contracts, sure. But signing bonuses are a must for any top tier players you may want to sign in FA.

As I alluded to in a previous post, no matter how you look at it, rebuilding a franchise that requires a new stadium is virtually impossible, without sacrificing a considerable amount of talent on your roster. Salary caps are broken, and by consequence, so too is the funding systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »