Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #153
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Third freeze today came after I played a game in CFM. I think I'm done with M15 until I see what the next patch does.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #154
Just started!

OVR: 0

Before I go out and buy M15 for ps3 I'm wondering if you can tell me if EA has changed a few things that irritate me about M25. I mainly play Franchise.

Can you edit a player's position out of WR? For Example: drafting a huge WR and changing his position to TE. Or if I want to change a WR to RB

Has upgrading a players skills with XP been changed where you don't have to sit for an hour to select the upgrades 1-by-1?

When scouting college players, does it show their 40 times, Vert jump, etc. or do they still hide that info from the user?
Old 09-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #155
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkobra
Before I go out and buy M15 for ps3 I'm wondering if you can tell me if EA has changed a few things that irritate me about M25. I mainly play Franchise.

Can you edit a player's position out of WR? For Example: drafting a huge WR and changing his position to TE. Or if I want to change a WR to RB

Has upgrading a players skills with XP been changed where you don't have to sit for an hour to select the upgrades 1-by-1?

When scouting college players, does it show their 40 times, Vert jump, etc. or do they still hide that info from the user?
During a certain point in the off-season you can switch any players position to anything you want.

You select all the upgrades you want and then you can buy them all at once.

The letter grades are a lot cheaper now but their ratings are more expensive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #156
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Wind affects things a little too much. I don't mind it making the kicking harder since it's still way too easy on PS3 but punt returnees muff way too many with an 11 mph wind. It should be toned down IMO.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #157
MVP

OVR: 19

After 1 week of playing this game. I can honestly say that Madden 15 is a joke. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE PAST GEN!!!!!!

the sim focus that EA touted during the development process does not exist in this version. yes they included the extra defensive coverage features, the new tackling features, but 70-80% of the time they do not work.
when it does work its a thing of beauty but often times it does not.

The rosters are arcade like with super human abilities. Cam NEWTON is like Randal Cunningham in the old Maddens. Gronkowski is built and plays like superman. most of his catches are one handed stretched out catches, in triple coverage.

the dbs run in opposite directions after catches regardless of the slider adjustments. its just a fact. its either an immediate tackle or a big gain.

Robo qb's yes. every game they start out as robo qbs, but by the end of the game the numbers wind up being reasonable. but the fact that every game every qb starts the same way, indicates poor programming logic.

the 6/6 start that these qbs's have will be followed by an un-realistic incomplete pass. and most those passes are thrown as if the qb is just trying to get rid of the ball. it will be a random toss out of bounds, near a wide open reciever really?

running backs and kick offs same thing. you can run side to side find a lane and break open for a big gain.

Ive only completed 2 games out of the 20 or so games that I have played. for the most part, sliders do not help. too many "unrealistic" things happen for me to continue playing most games.

maybe different rosters will help, better sliders etc. I think the sliders in CFM do not work. In a cfm mode Ive saved sliders, but when I reload a cfm they magically go back to default. speaking of cfm, I think there is something wrong with the saves also.

Madden 15 fro all its potential is a mess. Id give it a 4 maybe 5. I will continue trying to play cause Im hoping to find a miracle slider combo and roster to get my NFL football fix,

ID LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY OF THE ncaa DEVELOPMENT TEAM DID ea HIRE ONTO THE maDDEN TEAM. ARE THEY ALL ON NEXT GEN OR ARE THEY GONE.

I dont know how one company can produce a gem in NCAA 14 and contiinue to drop the ball on an NFL title.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #158
Rookie

hbgoo1975's Arena

OVR: 0

I know I won't, if EA gets away with the CFM freezing.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #159
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

The more I play this game, the more I enjoy it.

I love the wind affects punts. The CPU finally tries to nail you in the coffin corner and sometimes succeeds, starting inside the 5 yd line. Rarely seen that before.

I like how the wind affects how the receiver on the punt team catches the ball. If the returner isn't set, the ball will come loose. Rarely seen that before.

Last game, Randall Cobb took a jarring hit, went over to the sidelines and the training staff held out a pen and had him follow it with his eyes. I've never seen that before. Out with a concussion.

The CPU Bears team returned a punt return to the house. Rarely seen that before.

CPU team was hit with a Def Pass Interference. That rarely happens.

I'm finding that by hitting underneath or inside, it cuts down on the CPU robo QB.

I'm almost ready to start a CFM.

Last edited by roadman; 09-13-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #160
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The more I play this game, the more I enjoy it.

I love the wind affects punts. The CPU finally tries to nail you in the coffin corner and sometimes succeeds, starting inside the 5 yd line. Rarely seen that before.

I like how the wind affects how the receiver on the punt team catches the ball. If the returner is set, the ball will come loose. Rarely seen that before.

Last game, Randall Cobb took a jarring hit, went over to the sidelines and the training staff held out a pen and had him follow it with his eyes. I've never seen that before. Out with a concussion.

The CPU Bears team returned a punt return to the house. Rarely seen that before.

CPU team was hit with a Def Pass Interference. That rarely happens.

I'm finding that by hitting underneath or inside, it cuts down on the CPU robo QB.

I'm almost ready to start a CFM.
Now that's sweet!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »