Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Most Anticipated Sports Games of 2023
Five Ways EA Sports PGA Tour Can Improve Golf Career Modes
Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

Old 11-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #201
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Madden will have you thinking that you are outgrowing gaming.
Ive had the game for 2 months now, and Ive grown tired of it.
thought I liked it, but the game doesn't play a good game of balanced sim football. regardless of slider adjustments.

Its easier to tune this game to play a high scoring gun slinging style of game. In that aspect, its good when playing against my 12 year old cousin and nephew on a sunday, or casually playing against friends while watching nFL football on another TV

if you are looking for an immersive, sim style dynasty mode, with solid game play from week to week.. nope. In that aspect I find the game easy to turn off.

hard coore sim heads can bypass this title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #202
Just started!

OVR: 0

How the heck do we not have a stick impressions thread here? Last gen has quickly become the red-headed stepchild that none of the admins here seem to cares about.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #203
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Madden will have you thinking that you are outgrowing gaming.
Ive had the game for 2 months now, and Ive grown tired of it.
thought I liked it, but the game doesn't play a good game of balanced sim football. regardless of slider adjustments.

Its easier to tune this game to play a high scoring gun slinging style of game. In that aspect, its good when playing against my 12 year old cousin and nephew on a sunday, or casually playing against friends while watching nFL football on another TV

if you are looking for an immersive, sim style dynasty mode, with solid game play from week to week.. nope. In that aspect I find the game easy to turn off.

hard coore sim heads can bypass this title.
I'm very close to just leaving football video games alone and going to text sims to fill my football gaming needs.I think they may be more satisfying for myself and probably many others here that seem to feel the same.

It would be nicer if the video game would meet the needs because you have the eye candy and all and text sims aren't for everyone but people need to come to that realization that if you truly want sim strategically involved football that makes you think,that it's the only real option we have.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:23 AM   #204
Just started!

How do you view the songs that are in the game?
Old 12-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #205
Just started!

How do you view the songs that are in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #206
Banned

OVR: 1

I just got M15 as an early Christmas gift from my Lady. She knew I wanted to check it out after not really enjoying M15 for X1.

First Impressions:

1. This is not a simple roster update from M25. Kick meter, defensive improvements, and smoother gameplay along with better menus and the gauntlet make this a very nice update to M25.

2. Don't expect a full on SIM experience. There are sim moments but its a blend of arcade and sim.

3. Graphics are improved over a very good looking M25.

4. Gameplay is smoother than M25 (and next gen for that matter).

5. Pass inaccuracy is better in this version than X1. If you play with Geno, plan on some UFOs.

Overall, this might be my favorite Madden since 05.. Its a fun game to play and I certainly enjoy it more than the X1 version.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #207
Rookie

OVR: 3

I actually said this. Then i went back and played NCAA 11 and felt much better
Old 12-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #208
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
I just got M15 as an early Christmas gift from my Lady. She knew I wanted to check it out after not really enjoying M15 for X1.

First Impressions:

1. This is not a simple roster update from M25. Kick meter, defensive improvements, and smoother gameplay along with better menus and the gauntlet make this a very nice update to M25.

2. Don't expect a full on SIM experience. There are sim moments but its a blend of arcade and sim.

3. Graphics are improved over a very good looking M25.

4. Gameplay is smoother than M25 (and next gen for that matter).

5. Pass inaccuracy is better in this version than X1. If you play with Geno, plan on some UFOs.

Overall, this might be my favorite Madden since 05.. Its a fun game to play and I certainly enjoy it more than the X1 version.
Now this is what I wanted to know. Since the X1 version is bugging for a some time. Like it's not that fun anymore. In the last gen I had some fun plays. If I called the play right I could break off in huge run plays, I don't really feel that impactful speed or power in the next-gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »