Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Most Anticipated Sports Games of 2023
Five Ways EA Sports PGA Tour Can Improve Golf Career Modes
Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

Old 12-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #209
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Looking for owners for online Madden 25 PS3 league. Active owners, advances 3 times a week. Currently midseason in season 1. Join Facebook group 2HARDCORE for league communication and invite.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #210
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I just picked this game up (Haven't started playing yet tho)

Now I've been reading this thread and people talking about his game is FULLY SIM

Hell even Real Football has "Arcade" moments

I love playing "Realistic" but I also love to enjoy (Everygame I play) the game
Eagles

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 01-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #211
Just started!

How the heck do we not have a stick impressions thread here? Last gen has quickly become the red-headed stepchild that none of the admins here seem to cares about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #212
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm just not sure how to feel about this game. NCAA 14 finally enraged me beyond belief because I cannot find settings that I am happy with. It's either too easy or it's hard enough, but the game has to be warped to do it. So, I tried Madden and am largely happy with it (I love that the read option isn't cheese, etc.), but there are some issues. I'm just not sure. I'm definitely enjoying it more than NCAA 14 right now, though. I do not have a next-gen console and have no plans to upgrade as I really only play a couple console games these days (and only sports ones), so I might have this one for awhile.

There were a few terrible glitches on some of the slider settings, but I seem to have found a set that has cut down on some of the stuff that was frustrating me. I love having the accelerated clock and being able to play 15-minute quarters.

The interface outside of the gameplay is irritating, though. The menus are slow and franchise is clunky. Yes, this stuff isn't as important as the gameplay itself, but it's annoying to have to deal with it everytime I load up a franchise game.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #213
Just started!

How the heck do we not have a stick impressions thread here? Last gen has quickly become the red-headed stepchild that none of the admins here seem to cares about.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #214
Just started!

Old 01-20-2015, 04:19 AM   #215
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I have changed my opinion about this game here in the last few days. Reason being, Im having freezing issues every time I try to play in my franchise. I use a 32 team control franchise unfortunately thanks to the poor decisions by the AI, so basically have no choice but to use 32 team control since I want realism. Anyway every time I play the game locks up in menus or as a game is loading to where I have to shut off my console and reboot. Every since I bought the game, it has had a few lock ups to where I have had to re start, but it wasn't a regular occurance like it has been the last 3 times I have tried to play. Just about fed up to the point of quiting altogether. Which is sad cause gameplay wise I think its the best Madden in a very long time, and I had renewed faith in EA, but I guess that was short lived, cause if it lock up and freezes to the point of having to shut your console off, its not worth playing. Plus having to shut off your console the wrong way, is not good on it, an Im sure in time will break it.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #216
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm sort of enjoying Madden 15 after 200+ games of NCAA '14. I'm in Week 15 of my first CFM season (well, second season technically. Simmed the first).

The sloppiness of Madden is very aggravating though...

1) Defensive adjustments are all messed up. If I want to call press coverage and bring up the pre-snap menu and press LS-Down it activates press coverage but ALSO moves the defender I'm controlling forward. I usually control the DL so this is a pretty big problem. Totally ridiculous, been caught with a few offsides because of it.

2) I'm playing a game last night and the Patriots audible against me, with the WR's swapping sides of the field (so the one split wide left runs all the way over to the right and vice versa). I check my defensive play art and my two CBs are still assigned to their original WR - who's now on the complete opposite side if the field. So the Patriots snap the ball, my two CB's go sprinting to the opposite side of the field in pursuit of their assignment, thus leaving both WR's wide open. It was an easy TD.

3) There are a handful of tackle animations where the whistle blows and the camera starts to zoom out before the runner is down, or even that close to being down.

4) The animations and smoothness of the game is a pretty large step below NCAA 14. Not sure I'll ever get used to it.

The best part of the game is QB accuracy and variance of throws, plus that timing matters far more than in NCAA 14. If you throw the ball before your target breaks he won't magically turn his head and find the football like it's a homing beacon. Bad QB's are very inconsistent, it's great. On the right sliders passing is a challenge in this game, I really dig it.

Besides that, it's nice that the game is challenge. I'm 9-4 right now at 85 overall. I've had blowout wins, blowout losses (48-14 at Pittsburgh, who was 1-9 at the time despite no major injuries) and a ton of close games.

The game is very arcadey but I accept that and I'm trying to have fun with it. This will be the first Madden franchise season I'll complete since '11 and only the second since the PS2/Xbox days.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »