Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #49
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Are the flawed sim stats and roster / player development and player movement issues detailed in the Current Gen forum present in last gen as well?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...son-stats.html

Thanks!
^^^^^^This^^^^^^^
Old 08-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #50
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Are the flawed sim stats and roster / player development and player movement issues detailed in the Current Gen forum present in last gen as well?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...son-stats.html

Thanks!
Yes but not as bad in my CFM compared to the ones on current gen.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #51
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

One Question:

Do auto-subs actually work this year?

This will determine whether or not I buy the game or not. I'm sick of seeing starting RBs carry 30 times a game, and the backup getting little, if any carries.

If anybody can answer this, I'd GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #52
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Yes but not as bad in my CFM compared to the ones on current gen.
Could you (or anyone else) elaborate?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #53
Rookie

Orbit Storm's Arena

OVR: 0

Just have to add, CFM is garbage. Unplayable in my opinion.

I've never been a big fan of the salary cap system. Word is EA managed to tweak it properly a few years back, but I've never bothered. I've always toggled it off.

I enjoy building struggling franchises. This year, I opted to take the Bills. I turned the salary cap off as usual, proceeded through my preseason, even selecting a new stadium for the following season. Unknown to me, but there is a glaring flaw with the salary cap option this year: it really isn't off. In years past, toggling salary cap off essentially meant unlimited funds. Not this year. By building a new stadium, by season's end I found that I will be forced to cut nearly 2/3 of my starters.. including Dareus, Hughes, Spikes, Finley (signed from FA), etc. The game is forcing me to have positive funds.

Essentially, in typical EA fashion, they made an enormous alteration to a game feature with nary an explanation. Considering the price of stadiums, if you intend to rebuild any franchise, you'll be quickly abandoning CFM.

Considering CFM was "it" for me in Madden, I'll be cashing in on the GameStop $40 trade-in voucher. What a waste of time.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #54
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

OVR: 1

i just lost a preseason game 39-36 to the detroit lions. 10 minute quarters. 15 second runoff. i cant stop anybody. cant tackle, cant cover anyone, cant get any pressure. what is the deal? why is it so much harder on all pro this year? if all pro is this hard, i cant imagine how hard all madden is lol. wtf. im really thinking about just selling this game. i hate the new dline pass rushing thing. i cant ever get pressure like ever. with x or square. blah. so frustrated right now. i guess ill have to try some sliders and see if those can save the game for me.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #55
Banned

How the heck do we not have a stick impressions thread here? Last gen has quickly become the red-headed stepchild that none of the admins here seem to cares about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #56
Rookie

Does anyone else find it too easy to pass on default all-pro? It may just be that Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall are just that good, but they get open so easily.. deep ins, spot passes, and mesh plays are just automatic. Should i lower pass blocking or crank up pass coverage or just accept that Marshall and Jeffery are animals?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »