Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
The 49ers Showcase the Inadequacy of Madden's Man-Match Coverage
Undisputed Beta #3 - Improvements We'd Like to See
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled

Old 08-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #57
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natejelinek
Does anyone else find it too easy to pass on default all-pro? It may just be that Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall are just that good, but they get open so easily.. deep ins, spot passes, and mesh plays are just automatic. Should i lower pass blocking or crank up pass coverage or just accept that Marshall and Jeffery are animals?
im using the only sliders that are up. and those help a bit. but the def awr is still horrible.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #58
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeosdistress
i just lost a preseason game 39-36 to the detroit lions. 10 minute quarters. 15 second runoff. i cant stop anybody. cant tackle, cant cover anyone, cant get any pressure. what is the deal? why is it so much harder on all pro this year? if all pro is this hard, i cant imagine how hard all madden is lol. wtf. im really thinking about just selling this game. i hate the new dline pass rushing thing. i cant ever get pressure like ever. with x or square. blah. so frustrated right now. i guess ill have to try some sliders and see if those can save the game for me.
Who are you using? I'm using the panthers and control Star Lotuleilei and have no problem getting pressure. If I'm not getting it with Star, Hardy or Johnson put some on. Using square for power moves, I usually hit it right when he engages with the OL then kind of mash it after the initial push, that collapses the pocket pretty easily. Leding the league in sacks through 11 games, Star with 8 from DT.

Also, taking back what i said earlier about WR's not catching and immediately going out of bounds. They still do that, though possibly not as often as last year.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #59
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I returned 3 kickoffs for TDs in my last game on all-pro. I hope that was just a fluke.

You can't adjust special teams sliders in game for some reason. I had tried punt accuracy at 0 and the CPU shanked punts like you wouldn't believe. It was funny. There aren't many dropped passes at default.

I do not see nearly enough separation between good and bad QBs but I am happy that the CPU QBs and offense are effective on all pro. QBs are FAR too accurate at default. Both sliders should be less than 10 IMO.

The EA logo that flashes beforesome replays is extremely loud sometimes. Glitch? Game still freezes once in awhile between plays but no hard freezes for me and not during gameplay.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-29-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #60
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Storm
The game is forcing me to have positive funds.
I discovered the same thing. A Big "You will be fired if you don't increase your funds" message greeted me after I relocated and built a stadium.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #61
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

I do think sideline awareness is significantly better than M25 which was awful. It still needs work but definitely better imo.

Here is a video of the simple X tackle making a large leap (unrealistc) to grab Spiller. This is the only bad one I've seen in over 6 games though.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/195232336

Great one handed catch by Brandon Gibson. Also a great video showing the ugly off-white pants for Miami's all-white uniforms (two straight years of this mistake).

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/195201619
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #62
Rookie

Cedrik's Arena

OVR: 1

I was playing Tennessee today and Wesley Woodyard tackled me and a pop up saying it's his 500th tackle came up. Nice touch.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Storm
Just have to add, CFM is garbage. Unplayable in my opinion.

I've never been a big fan of the salary cap system. Word is EA managed to tweak it properly a few years back, but I've never bothered. I've always toggled it off.

I enjoy building struggling franchises. This year, I opted to take the Bills. I turned the salary cap off as usual, proceeded through my preseason, even selecting a new stadium for the following season. Unknown to me, but there is a glaring flaw with the salary cap option this year: it really isn't off. In years past, toggling salary cap off essentially meant unlimited funds. Not this year. By building a new stadium, by season's end I found that I will be forced to cut nearly 2/3 of my starters.. including Dareus, Hughes, Spikes, Finley (signed from FA), etc. The game is forcing me to have positive funds.

Essentially, in typical EA fashion, they made an enormous alteration to a game feature with nary an explanation. Considering the price of stadiums, if you intend to rebuild any franchise, you'll be quickly abandoning CFM.

Considering CFM was "it" for me in Madden, I'll be cashing in on the GameStop $40 trade-in voucher. What a waste of time.

The Salary cap is off, BUT to sign certain players you need to give them bonuses and that comes from your revenue, if you don't make money you can't give bonuses which means some players no matter how much you pay them won't sign with you without a bonus. You can put bonus at zero and max out the salary and see if they sign then. Bonuses as far as I can tell never played a strong part in madden until 13 when the whole connected career mode was implemented, where bonuses came directly from your revenue, I think it always did though. I may be mistaken but connected franchise ways more heavily on you giving bonuses than any previous franchise mode.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #64
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

It seems like in the last 2 minutes I can't challenge (which is the rule) but there is no automatic challenge either. Mike Wallace got about 3 feet in bounds in a very obvious catch and they ruled him out. I couldn't challenge and none came automatically. I was annoyed as I could have tied the game.

I think the QB keep on the read option is still too easy. I don't run the option much but it feels over powered. Kick returns on All-Pro are definitely too easy. I've returned 5 for TDs now in about 10 games. I'm boosting the slider to get them deeper in the endzone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »