Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2023 Review - Take the Plunge
Diamond Dynasty Year in Review: Content
Retro Goal Review: Retro Bowl's Brother Arrives on the Switch

Old 08-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #65
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It seems like in the last 2 minutes I can't challenge (which is the rule) but there is no automatic challenge either. Mike Wallace got about 3 feet in bounds in a very obvious catch and they ruled him out. I couldn't challenge and none came automatically. I was annoyed as I could have tied the game.

I think the QB keep on the read option is still too easy. I don't run the option much but it feels over powered. Kick returns on All-Pro are definitely too easy. I've returned 5 for TDs now in about 10 games. I'm boosting the slider to get them deeper in the endzone.
I did have a challenge last night with 50 seconds left in the half. I was surprised, so, looks like that could be random.

I still haven't been able to return a kick for a TD, yet, but came close once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 0

How the heck do we not have a stick impressions thread here? Last gen has quickly become the red-headed stepchild that none of the admins here seem to cares about.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #67
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxmjshj
How the heck do we not have a stick impressions thread here? Last gen has quickly become the red-headed stepchild that none of the admins here seem to cares about.
Is there some inside joke I don't know about?
Old 08-30-2014, 12:14 AM   #68
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

No its just a troll who keeps making accounts

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #69
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

I have to say after playing a half of game (bucs vs jets) that I was impressed by Madden 15 on last gen. I had Madden 25, but this game is the complete package. Ow I am doing an owner ccf with the rams, greatly impressed. I know the player models are not the greatest, but it is something about gen models that seem a bit over done I regards to the pads and jerseys. All Niall very happen with last gen Madden.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 22 Vikings and Titans
WRC8
Dirt 5
Old 08-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #70
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I just rushed for 301 yards on 27 carries with Jamaal Charles against Philly on All-Madden with user run block at 0 (and I wasn't trying to break the record; I'm not an elite gamer either). There isn't a big difference between All-Madden and All-Pro and the guards still get a strong push against the DTs no matter what settings you use. It makes the 3rd and short plays automatic really. It's frustrating that the sliders are so weak in some areas and that the game isn't fine-tuned better. While I'm having fun I worry that this crap will kill the game sooner than later for me.

The cpu misses open field tackles quite easily. In some ways it's easier to run on All-Madden since the pursuit is strong and that opens up cutback lanes. I think I can fine-tune the QB accuracies (they need to be under 5 for both user and cpu imo; 1-4 are the sweet spots on AP or All-Madden) and the rest of the game is good. On All-Madden the kick meter is fast and they return and cover kicks better. The cpu offense is good on both AP and All-Madden but the interior rush defense is simply too weak. I doubt they fix it since the over-powering guard play existed in M25 and ruined the inside running game. They never fixed it then and I highly doubt they fix it now since they are focused primarily on next gen.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
No. We do get the madden 12 runouts though. Also I've had 2 pass interference calls though which is about 2 more than I had last year.
Where do you have your PI sliders set?

Last edited by oreo93; 08-30-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #72
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just rushed for 301 yards on 27 carries with Jamaal Charles against Philly on All-Madden with user run block at 0 (and I wasn't trying to break the record; I'm not an elite gamer either). There isn't a big difference between All-Madden and All-Pro and the guards still get a strong push against the DTs no matter what settings you use. It makes the 3rd and short plays automatic really. It's frustrating that the sliders are so weak in some areas and that the game isn't fine-tuned better. While I'm having fun I worry that this crap will kill the game sooner than later for me.

The cpu misses open field tackles quite easily. In some ways it's easier to run on All-Madden since the pursuit is strong and that opens up cutback lanes. I think I can fine-tune the QB accuracies (they need to be under 5 for both user and cpu imo; 1-4 are the sweet spots on AP or All-Madden) and the rest of the game is good. On All-Madden the kick meter is fast and they return and cover kicks better. The cpu offense is good on both AP and All-Madden but the interior rush defense is simply too weak. I doubt they fix it since the over-powering guard play existed in M25 and ruined the inside running game. They never fixed it then and I highly doubt they fix it now since they are focused primarily on next gen.
I've been peeking over at the NG sliders forum and I found out that CowerPower and Schnaidt discovered that the RBlkg sliders are backwards. Put it back up to 50 and it's harder to run on, lower it to 1 and you can have a game like you did.

When I have more time, I'll share my impressions and sliders next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »