Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 03:59 AM   #9
Pro

blueprint 10.0's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Impression thread??

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
Can anyone tell me if all the confidence stuff that I've read about for connected franchises on Xbox one are in the 360 version? I don't play online and haven't bought a madden in years as they never seem to change, but after reading about the off-field team chemistry stuff I'm intrigued again. I just want to make sure 360 has it though.
The weekly game prep feature is indeed featured on 360 version. It is very nicely executed and immersive.

I really like how difficult thr All-Madden default setting is this season. My single game best rushing total with Marshawn Lynch is 20 carries for 69yds and 1TD. This is after playing a total of 8 games vs the CPU with 9 min quarters. This is not like past Madden iterations where All-Madden simply is a cake walk. I have won 5 and lost 3. In M15 I feel as if every single possession can/will shift the outcome of the game. User passes are definitely no longer picture perfect. Russ Wilson averages in the area of 16-24 for 250ish and 1/2 TDs. Also you will get picked off if you are not perfect with the ball. Defense is still hard to master but feeling better with every snap. My only complaint is that with no slider tweaks, CPU QBs are still a little too accurate. But that helps to make every defensive snap seem that much more important. Will have more user vs user impressions after my internet is fixed this Friday.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Awesome, thanks mate
Old 08-27-2014, 04:26 AM   #11
Just started!

I almost feel as if there are posters that felt pressure to get a new system based on being on this forum constantly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #12
Rookie

Loving the same so far (PS3, normal speed, 0 speed threshold), everything feels so smooth. I haven't had the issue with running at all. I think game speed has alot to do with it, and I know alot of people on here prefer slow speed, but I promise normal isn't too fast. The defense reacts better, but your blocking is smarter as well

I have only been running some offensive plays in practice mode so far, I'm hoping to get into skills trainer later tonight (if my girlfriend falls asleep early enough lol), and I'll post some more impressions, but the little time I spent with the game was a revelation.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #13
Rookie

emark182's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
Can anyone tell me if all the confidence stuff that I've read about for connected franchises on Xbox one are in the 360 version? I don't play online and haven't bought a madden in years as they never seem to change, but after reading about the off-field team chemistry stuff I'm intrigued again. I just want to make sure 360 has it though.
I started a franchise last night on the 360. The confidence rating is on there. I believe all players start with a "50" which is normal. I think I saw that on a load screen or the small tutorial. It is a pretty neat concept, not sure how well it actually works as I have only played one game.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
How the heck do we not have a stick impressions thread here? Last gen has quickly become the red-headed stepchild that none of the admins here seem to cares about.
I personally instructed the mods to ignore all last gen forums....lol. Come on man. Anyone can start in impressions thread.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #15
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd like to know how the new menu looks like. In M25 it was so slow and laggy that I stopped playing the game, because it took forever to move around the menu. Is it better this year, or is moving around the menu like the third halftime?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaddict
I'd like to know how the new menu looks like. In M25 it was so slow and laggy that I stopped playing the game, because it took forever to move around the menu. Is it better this year, or is moving around the menu like the third halftime?
It's definitely faster, but still a bit slow and usually freezes shuffling through those menus if anything. Frozen on my twice in about 3 hours of playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »