Home

Buyers remorse (M15). Anyone??

This is a discussion on Buyers remorse (M15). Anyone?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 05:25 AM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Buyers remorse (M15). Anyone??

I picked up the 360 version. The 360 will be my last gaming console, so once those games end that's it for me. I'm a sucker for punishment...
Old 09-10-2014, 05:27 AM   #50
Just started!

I picked up the 360 version. The 360 will be my last gaming console, so once those games end that's it for me. I'm a sucker for punishment...
Old 09-10-2014, 06:20 AM   #51
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I paid $37 bucks for mine and I would have paid full retail for it.

I'm just liking a lot of things that were added.
What in particular that was added do you like if you don't mind me asking? I think I will pick up 15 when the price drops in a few months.

Do you notice the QB inaccuracy on some throws for user/CPU like they mentioned was a new feature? How about the CPU passing D, is it improved... zones in particular? Is it harder than 25?

Last edited by BrianU; 09-10-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
can you control multiple teams in franchise mode? I won't buy it if you cant
Yes you can.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
What in particular that was added do you like if you don't mind me asking? I think I will pick up 15 when the price drops in a few months.

Do you notice the QB inaccuracy on some throws for user/CPU like they mentioned was a new feature? How about the CPU passing D, is it improved... zones in particular? Is it harder than 25?
I think player movements are a bit smoother, for me this makes the running game so much better. Graphics are slightly upgraded.

I feel defense is terrible. Too easy for me to march up and down the field, and on the flip side, my AI defense is TERRIBLE. Slants in general cannot be picked/broken up. Defenders stand flat footed in zones still, and you are punished for reading a play well.

Ex: On double slant plays, if you are usering a LB or SS, and undercut the 1st slant, the CPU will complete the second (your pass rush and CB take the play off once you do that). Same with mirror routes. If you manually cover a curl, hitch or flat on one side, the CPU will complete the pass on the other side (your CB who is in a flat zone is nowhere to be found).
Old 09-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #54
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Quote:

My advice is to skip it or wait until it's bargain basement. I paid less than $30, and that was too much.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #55
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I don't mind the asking, but I try to mention to rent the game and try before you buy. I don't want to endorse or not endorse a game based on my opinion.

Based on that, here is what I do like.

The zone and man to man defenses are much better. I find it more difficult to complete screen passes this year.

Run blocking seems improved.

With slider adjustments, last night, Rodgers threw a pass into the ground at a receiver. So, qb inaccuracies are in the game, they are random.

Bluff blitzes, QB contain, and disguise coverage are in the game and I enjoy. Also, play the sticks, over the top and underneath coverage is in.

I like some of the presentation elements in the game, colors seem to pop better, stats are rolling at the top of the score banner, etc.....

On the DL, you press X for aggressive and A for finesse moves to get to the QB

What I don't like:

No defensive camera, but all 22 is in the game and preplay wide

Robo CPU is back with high completion %.

Penalty sliders are worse this year, no holding calls.

That's it in a nutshell at this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #56
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't mind the asking, but I try to mention to rent the game and try before you buy. I don't want to endorse or not endorse a game based on my opinion.

Based on that, here is what I do like.

The zone and man to man defenses are much better. I find it more difficult to complete screen passes this year.

Run blocking seems improved.

With slider adjustments, last night, Rodgers threw a pass into the ground at a receiver. So, qb inaccuracies are in the game, they are random.

Bluff blitzes, QB contain, and disguise coverage are in the game and I enjoy. Also, play the sticks, over the top and underneath coverage is in.

I like some of the presentation elements in the game, colors seem to pop better, stats are rolling at the top of the score banner, etc.....

On the DL, you press X for aggressive and A for finesse moves to get to the QB

What I don't like:

No defensive camera, but all 22 is in the game and preplay wide

Robo CPU is back with high completion %.

Penalty sliders are worse this year, no holding calls.

That's it in a nutshell at this time.
sounds good. I trust your judgment I'm still gonna wait for the annual price drop in a month. I like the way they changed the XP in CFM.. the game prep stuff. Focusing on a few players and choosing between XP and confidence. That is in right?

Also play the sticks is in last gen? I was watching videos but didnt see it anywhere. I'm glad thats in if it's the case.

Defensive cam is a let down but tbh I usually control a S or LB and probably wouldnt use it much anyways.

I saw there is a thing at the playcall screen called 'Chew the clock' can someone explain that to me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »