Home

The Official Last-Gen How is your CFM going thread (Madden 15)

This is a discussion on The Official Last-Gen How is your CFM going thread (Madden 15) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Official Last-Gen How is your CFM going thread (Madden 15)

Week 2 of the regular season with the Chiefs, facing the Broncos in Denver.

The story of the game was TURNOVERS. Chase Daniel's inexperience showed, throwing two first half interceptions leading to a short field for Manning on two TD drives.Two field goals on the first and last drives of the half sent me to the break down 20-0.

In the second half the D stepped up big, and held Denver scoreless in the 3rd. Chase Daniel led two scoring drives, one capped off by a TD pass to backup RB Joe McKnight, the other on a 12 yard scamper of the read option for Jamaal Charles first TD. At the end of the 3rd, 20-13 Denver.

The 4th quarter was back and forth defensively, with both teams forcing two punts each. With 4 minutes to go, Chase Daniel led the offense out for a potential game tying drive. After two first downs however, a scramble led to a hurried throw which was picked off by TJ Ward. The Broncos were able to get a field goal and never looked back. Final score: Denver 23 KC 13

Top Players...
KC: Jamaal Charles 15 car 44 yds 1 td, 2 rec 14 yds
KC: Dwayne Bowe 5 rec 50 yds
KC: Eric Berry 6 tackles 1 tfl 1 sack
KC: Mike Devito 6 tackles 3 tfl

I also made several roster moves...

Week 2
Released LOLB Josh Martin

Signed TE Kellen Davis 1 yr 1 million

Re-Signed QB Alex Smith 4 yrs 68 million (15 mil signing bonus)

Week 3

Re-Signed LOLB Justin Houston 6 yrs 40 million

Re-Signed LE Allen Bailey 4 yrs 12 million

Released QB Aaron Murray

Traded DT Vance Walker, 2015 First Round pick, 2016 4th round pick to Buffalo for DT Marcell Darius

Signed CB Quentin Jammer 1 yr 1.16 mil

Signed FB Will Tukufau 1 yr 730k (starting FB injured)

Next up is the 1-1 Dolphins in Miami

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #26
Rookie

Week 3 with the Chiefs against the Dolphins in Miami.

The opening drive of the game, Dolphins utilize multiple corner routes and a zone running game to drive down for a a Moreno TD run. Following that after 2 first downs I was forced to punt. After forcing a three and out, Alex Smith took the field, and it was Deja Vu. The re-signed franchise QB was forced to scramble and throw the ball away, and took a hit on the play that resulted in back strain, out for the game. After both teams traded three and outs, Daniel was able to lead a drive that stalled just outside the red zone leading to a field goal. The defense, bolstered by Darius and Poe taking the field at the same time in the 3-4, was able to force another punt, as well as an INT by Sean Smith, leading to another field goal. Heading towards the half, everything was going well, that is until Tannehill scrambled and found Mike Wallace downfield after a defender fell down, 68 yard TD. Heading to the half 14-6 Miami.

The second half opened with a long 6:30 drive that stalled and resulted in another FG. Following that, the defense forced another 3 and out, leading to another 4:00 drive, that ended after a holding penalty. FG. 14-9 Miami. The first part of the 4th quarter was a battle, with both teams trading blows defensively playing the field position game. After a stop, Chase Daniel led a 3 minute quick strike drive that looked unstoppable, as free agent signing Juron Criner caught what looked like a game winner. The two point conversion was no good however, leaving the door open. With 1:35 to go, it was Miami ball. Tannehill battled and on 3rd and 15, found Mike Wallace again for 40 yards, which set up a last second FG attempt for Caleb Sturgis. FG good, game over. 17-15 Miami

Top Players
KC: Chase Daniel 13-18 163 yds 1 td, 3 car 24 yds
KC: Juron Criner 5 rec 62 yds 1 td
KC: Jamaal Charles, Joe Mcknight, De'Anthony Thomas combined for 24 car 93 yds, 4 rec 37 yds

Old 09-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGardner3
Week 3 with the Chiefs against the Dolphins in Miami.

The opening drive of the game, Dolphins utilize multiple corner routes and a zone running game to drive down for a a Moreno TD run. Following that after 2 first downs I was forced to punt. After forcing a three and out, Alex Smith took the field, and it was Deja Vu. The re-signed franchise QB was forced to scramble and throw the ball away, and took a hit on the play that resulted in back strain, out for the game. After both teams traded three and outs, Daniel was able to lead a drive that stalled just outside the red zone leading to a field goal. The defense, bolstered by Darius and Poe taking the field at the same time in the 3-4, was able to force another punt, as well as an INT by Sean Smith, leading to another field goal. Heading towards the half, everything was going well, that is until Tannehill scrambled and found Mike Wallace downfield after a defender fell down, 68 yard TD. Heading to the half 14-6 Miami.

The second half opened with a long 6:30 drive that stalled and resulted in another FG. Following that, the defense forced another 3 and out, leading to another 4:00 drive, that ended after a holding penalty. FG. 14-9 Miami. The first part of the 4th quarter was a battle, with both teams trading blows defensively playing the field position game. After a stop, Chase Daniel led a 3 minute quick strike drive that looked unstoppable, as free agent signing Juron Criner caught what looked like a game winner. The two point conversion was no good however, leaving the door open. With 1:35 to go, it was Miami ball. Tannehill battled and on 3rd and 15, found Mike Wallace again for 40 yards, which set up a last second FG attempt for Caleb Sturgis. FG good, game over. 17-15 Miami

Top Players
KC: Chase Daniel 13-18 163 yds 1 td, 3 car 24 yds
KC: Juron Criner 5 rec 62 yds 1 td
KC: Jamaal Charles, Joe Mcknight, De'Anthony Thomas combined for 24 car 93 yds, 4 rec 37 yds
And... My system froze after the game Looks like ill be simming that one.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #28
Rookie

JoeyV9009's Arena

Pre season game 3, Chicago @ Seattle.

This was a higher scoring but non exciting game until the final few minutes! Offense quietly dominated the game start to end, but a defensive stop would be the play of the day.

Chicago went into halftime up 17-14, backup QB David Fales scrambling into the end zone with 6 seconds left on the clock.

Leading 21-17 from a Seattle backup QB Joey Rogers sneak (he threw for 223yds, 1TD 1INT) the Bears had just over 5 minutes on the clock, and one deep bomb from David Fales to RB Ka'Deem Carey had the Bears up 24-21 with 3 minutes left to go.

Seattle KR Christine Michael had a huge run back letting Seattle chew a little bit of clock near the Chicago 30 before tying up the game with a FG at 24. A botched squib kick out of bounds let Chicago have excellent field position with 9mph wind at their back, and they picked up two straight first downs before kicking a FG to go up 27-24 with 34 seconds left and Seattle out of time outs.

Chicago's attempt at a squib kick went better than Seattle's but I was able to run it back to about my own 40-43 yard line. 19 seconds remained and I was out of time outs. I was able to beat a cover 2 man on a vertical route and get a spike off before hitting a 41yd FG. (S.Hauschka went 2/3 on the day)

In OT, I went back to the run and quick plays to march down for a FG, before giving Chicago the ball back with the Seahawks up 30-27. Fales found a WIDE open Shaun Draughn over the middle, but LB KJ Wright caused a big hit fumble, recovered by Deshawn Shead, to end the game, Seattle holding on for the win.

Chicago had 276yds through the air, and 80 on the ground for 18 first downs, while Seattle went 86 on the ground, 283 via the sky, and tallied 22 first downs. (Seattle went 2/2 on 4th down)

We sit 3-0 in pre-season, which I'm fairly excited about. Last pre-season game is @ Oakland Raiders, looking to see which players make the final cut to start the year!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #29
Rookie

JoeyV9009's Arena

In our last pre-season outting, Seattle Seahawks (3-0) @ Oakland Raiders (1-2). I've been excited about this CFM between my sliders, and developing the young back ups, the games have been close, down to the wire, and even OT thrillers.

Not much to say about this game, we routed the Raiders 38-7 for a final. It started competitive, 7-7 after the first and if not for a big punt return setting us up in scoring range (J.Rogers TD scramble) to go up 17-7 at the half. Second half was all Seattle offense, and primarily through the air, to my surprise.
Our D held incredibly strong (also surprising given my skill level on D, and slider set).

Final stats:
(SEA)
R.Wilson: 8-10, 115yds, TD
J.Rogers: 22-32, 295yds, 3 TD, 5 carries, 15yds, TD
(OAK)
M.Schaub: 6-12, 63yds, TD
M.McGloin: 14-22, 102yds, 2INT**one pick came off a Hail Mary attempt @ end of regulation.

(SEA)
R.Turbin; 13 car, 73yds, 4 rec, 22yds
(OAK)
Run DMC: 6 car, 22yds
MJD: 1 car, 3yds

I was extra pleased with my receiving corp, especially given they only played 3 QTRs.

P.Richardson: 7rec, 123yds, 2TD
B.Walters: 5rec, 55yds
K.Norwood: 5rec, 72yds

We owned time of possession with a 26-14 minute advantage. (I only use 10 minute Qtrs in pre-season games)

We also picked up 22 first downs to Oakland's 10.

Tomorrow evening before the real life Packers @ Seahawks game, I will play my week one of my CFM.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:25 PM   #30
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

In a game with winless teams, you couldn't have chosen a better ending if you were a fan. This game had it all between the Raiders (0-3) and Dolphins (0-3). The Raiders were trailing 28-10 in the third quarter, and ineffective starter Derek Carr has been taken from the game with a fractured jaw. In comes the backup Matt Schaub, who was the starter just three weeks ago. In a flash the offense comes to life, scoring 21 second half points to take the lead 31-28 with 1:30 left on the clock. Miami, refusing to be denied their first win off the season, drives down the field with clutch throws from QB Ryan Tannehill. After kicker Caleb Sturgis missed the two field goals earlier in the game, he came through with no time left on the clock to send the game into overtime. The Raiders won the toss and elected to receive. They ran the ball every play, driving over 75 yards and finished it off with an eight yard TD run by Jones-Drew to give the Raiders their first win of the season 37-31. Jones-Drew was also injured on that play tearing his bicep. He would finish with 191 yards on 37 carries and two touchdowns. Schaub ended the game 8/11 for 75 yards and a touchdown. The defense forced four turnovers with three coming in the second half. Miami's MVP of the game was QB Ryan Tannehill who finished the game 24/40 for 269 yards and two touchdowns.

(I have lost Maurice Jones-Drew for seven weeks and I have lost Derek Carr for three weeks. Luckily, I have a bye week in week 5 before I take on the Chargers at home.)

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 09-03-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #31
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
In a game with winless teams, you couldn't have chosen a better ending if you were a fan. This game had it all between the Raiders (0-3) and Dolphins (0-3). The Raiders were trailing 28-10 in the third quarter, and ineffective starter Derek Carr has been taken from the game with a fractured jaw. In comes the backup Matt Schaub, who was the starter just three weeks ago. In a flash the offense comes to life, scoring 21 second half points to take the lead 31-28 with 1:30 left on the clock. Miami, refusing to be denied their first win off the season, drives down the field with clutch throws from QB Ryan Tannehill. After kicker Caleb Sturgis missed the two field goals earlier in the game, he came through with no time left on the clock to send the game into overtime. The Raiders won the toss and elected to receive. They ran the ball every play, driving over 75 yards and finished it off with an eight yard TD run by Jones-Drew to give the Raiders their first win of the season 37-31. Jones-Drew was also injured on that play tearing his bicep. He would finish with 191 yards on 37 carries and two touchdowns. Schaub ended the game 8/11 for 75 yards and a touchdown. The defense forced four turnovers with three coming in the second half. Miami's MVP of the game was QB Ryan Tannehill who finished the game 24/40 for 269 yards and two touchdowns.

(I have lost Maurice Jones-Drew for seven weeks and I have lost Derek Carr for three weeks. Luckily, I have a bye week in week 5 before I take on the Chargers at home.)
What difficult do you play on? I'm playing on all-pro default and I'm having pretty good overall so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #32
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZoneAzCards
What difficult do you play on? I'm playing on all-pro default and I'm having pretty good overall so far
I am playing on M12 with M15 rosters, and I play on All-Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »