Home

Confidence issues in Connected Franchise?

This is a discussion on Confidence issues in Connected Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Confidence issues in Connected Franchise?

I'm not even sure if this is a glitch, so didn't want to post it in the bugs and glitches thread yet.

I loaded up my first offline Connected Franchise to just test the waters and see what I could expect. I picked up a LT in a trade who was rated a 79 with plans on moving him to RT.

I make the position switch and his ratings go down. I wasn't too concerned although I thought it was a little odd that it went down so much. So I moved him back to LT and it went down some more. It all seemed tied with the new Confidence rating of course.

So at this point I make the switch to RT and LT a couple of more times just to see what it would do, and when all is said and done his overall rating was a 53. I assumed this was just a temporary thing until his confidence went back up, so then I tried to trade him....assuming he would be tradeable at his original rating of 79. Nope, I was wrong. lol

Anyways, should this be considered abnormal or should we just not switch positions once we start Connected Franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Verdammung's Arena

Re: Confidence issues in Connected Franchise?

I've fiddled around with the CFM mechanics a bit. Basically, everytime you change a players position, you're permanently subtracting ratings from that player.

In order to prevent manipulation in player development (i.e. switching an HB to FB in the offseason to develop his SPD then switching him back to HB), they made it so that changing a player's position would make the player's ratings equivilant to what they would be if you had that LT at RT without changing his position. Usually this is just around a 10% reduction in AWR rating, but in the case of changing a RT to a LT you dock the player RBK and PBK ratings as well.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Confidence issues in Connected Franchise?

Thanks for the reply. Seems odd that this would be a permanent change, though I see what you're saying, in that it could be abused. But we can just make LT to RT (etc.) adjustments on the depth charts instead without killing their confidence. So it's not game-breaking.

I've also noticed that I have a TE who is a long snapper, but for some reason it doesn't give me the option to use a TE as a LS anymore. Guess we should change them all to a C, huh?

No biggie for me since this was just a test franchise anyway. Just trying to figure out the positives and negatives of some of the new things in the game. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »