Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15 Review (360/PS3)

A popular internet axiom states that “what has been seen cannot be unseen.” And so it is with Madden. If you’ve been following the media for Madden 15, you may have set some pretty high expectations. If you’ve played Madden 15 on either the PS4 or Xbox One, you may find that many of those expectations are (finally) met this year, as you can read in our official review.

So to step back and objectively look at Madden 15 on “last-gen” consoles can be tough. For whatever reasons, this version of the game lacks many of the new, innovative and fun additions touted all summer. Things that I consider literally game-changing -- like the ability to switch between cameras on the fly -- are nowhere to be found on older consoles.

If you only own a 360 or PS3, this may come as a disappointment. However, instead of bemoaning these features’ absences, let's look at what the game actually does on its own. Then you can decide if it warrants a purchase, or if you are safe simply upgrading Madden 25’s roster.

Read More - Madden NFL 15 Review (360/PS3)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Good review and write-up.

There are some similarities to the NG systems, but some stuff left out too. The Robo CPU and lack of penalties are in NG as well.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Beastly Wayz's Arena

OVR: 15
Spot on review, I have it on the 360, and honestly, the cone does give it a better feel on defense. The running game IMO has improved, Madden 25 seemed like every RB was due to hit the 2000 yd mark in a season. Now you have to have a little patience running the ball. I like the overall movement of the players in 15. Commentary has always stunk with Madden, but All in all this is the best Madden on the "Last Gen" Consoles.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I got both (ps3 & 4) and I got to say, last gen works for me. I took the week off last week, and because my time was limited (not to mention the ps4 glithing) I played on the ps3 more. My record (4 combined profiles) is 11-4 on the 3, 3-2 on the ps4 using 1 profile.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
Banned

You forgot to mention three big additions IMHO:

1) More stat overlays at top of screen include drive summaries, game trends, team stats, turnovers, etc. This is fantastic and worth the upgrade over Madden 25 alone.

2) Nantz and Simms allude to you and your opponents last game performance. I'm only in my 3rd game of CFM, so don't know if they just talk about last week or the entire season, but it now seems they are aware of what happened outside of your current game.

3) Penalties are tuned. I have seen not only DPI but also OPI in two of my seven total games played. I saw neither in Madden 25.

Last edited by oreo93; 09-02-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Insane QB% percentages are a big issue in the NG version as well. Although one of the features they touted was realistic qb accuracy
Old 09-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Insane QB% percentages are a big issue in the NG version as well. Although one of the features they touted was realistic qb accuracy
That's not the only thing that is similar, lack of penalties, high # of sacks from CPU. For people who have this game, all they need to do is peak over on the other side. lol

Still, a good game with a good set of sliders.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (360/PS3)

This game also really messed things up for people who like to play CFM with salary cap disabled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »