Home

The Secret to the Pass RUSH...

This is a discussion on The Secret to the Pass RUSH... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 06:03 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
The Secret to the Pass RUSH...

Is there on??... or is it just a button mash fest. I do use the L stick to the left or right and try to time it correctly but can't seem to find a rhythm. I take it pass rush finesse vs power moves account for something as well. Any insight? ...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Secret to the Pass RUSH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
Is there on??... or is it just a button mash fest. I do use the L stick to the left or right and try to time it correctly but can't seem to find a rhythm. I take it pass rush finesse vs power moves account for something as well. Any insight? ...
I haven't figured this out either. I've been pressing buttons while praying. It works, 50% of the time.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

I guess it's a balance of rating and timing. Which in turn makes it more off chance. I'm tryin to get a gold on the pass rush trainer on all madden and it's difficult
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 09-01-2014, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

Yeah I'm really not liking the new pass rushing. I'm not sure if it's harder but I just always accidentally use the stick to perform moves instead of the buttons, so it throws my timing off. I don't know if there is a trick to it. The skills trainer said to use the moves right when the defender is engaged. I think pass blocking from the O-Line actually come into play this year since I find it hard to get around them.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wayy Andre
Yeah I'm really not liking the new pass rushing. I'm not sure if it's harder but I just always accidentally use the stick to perform moves instead of the buttons, so it throws my timing off. I don't know if there is a trick to it. The skills trainer said to use the moves right when the defender is engaged. I think pass blocking from the O-Line actually come into play this year since I find it hard to get around them.
I miss the stick too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wayy Andre
Yeah, I took that to mean right when the DL/OL's hands connect with each other but that always seemed too early. I thought it was like a halfback move where you engage it before contact, but it seems like waiting until you are in the slapfight animation before triggering the move takes too long.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

OVR: 1

i just control the free safety lol.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:32 AM   #8
Rookie

Im also a user FS guy but mess around rushing the passer once in a while. I think the new button mash pass rush is childish garbage. Using the stick felt organic and there was technique involved. Button mashing should be reserved for shoot em up games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »