Home

Madden 15/ Game prep?

This is a discussion on Madden 15/ Game prep? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 15/ Game prep?

I really don't like the game prep i think its pointless. so i simulated one season with the cardinals and Palmer went from a 81ovr to a 72ovr i don't understand why its kind of like the older madden's use to as in older players declined in ratings witch i guess that could be it but thats a huge decline. what do you guys think about the game prep and this issue that i had?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 04:55 AM   #2
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

Re: Madden 15/ Game prep?

Well makes a lot of sense for older players to decline.. How was his season? If Palmer put up great numbers I'd be concerned because that's a huge drop in overall.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about the game prep. It's a nice change from the "practice" session that's been in the past couple of Maddens. I love being able to work on each player in their own drill. It makes a lot more sense. Everything other than the drills is really tedious to me. Sometimes I get lazy and don't do the drills, and end up just randomly training my players.

Again, I think it's a refreshing change but sometimes I find myself just doingb it to get it done and not because I want to do it.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:13 AM   #3
Rookie

First of all the OP is comparing the progression system with game prep, and the two aren't related. And for a 35 year old QB to decline like that isn't surprising. Aside from that, I love using game prep. The confidence ratings have a clear effect on the game, and the boosts from it can be beneficial week to week. It's also nice to be able to run backups through drills to keep them fresh and improving

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Old 09-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
Rookie

smootherworm76's Arena

If Palmer had a rough year, which in sim he probably did (I think Palmer gets too much blame for the poor teams he played on in Cincy and Oakland, but I'm biased), then he should be going downhill and on his way out. If he did well, that result is an issue. This was always a complaint of mine from older Madden games, older players that were selected to the Pro Bowl would get worse and worse each year.

The game prep I'm still up in the air on. Advancing players was too easy last year. Now the ability to spread those advancements around seems too constricting.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:13 PM   #5
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootherworm76
If Palmer had a rough year, which in sim he probably did (I think Palmer gets too much blame for the poor teams he played on in Cincy and Oakland, but I'm biased), then he should be going downhill and on his way out. If he did well, that result is an issue. This was always a complaint of mine from older Madden games, older players that were selected to the Pro Bowl would get worse and worse each year.

The game prep I'm still up in the air on. Advancing players was too easy last year. Now the ability to spread those advancements around seems too constricting.
Well I played like 4 games and then saved and then sim it cuz I wanted to see who was a FA lol and he dropped dramatically. I love the old madden where they had progression at then end of the season kind of like NCAA 14. wish they would bring it back next year for madden 16. So do you still earn XP after every game or just through game prep??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
Rookie

IWND46's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZoneAzCards
Well I played like 4 games and then saved and then sim it cuz I wanted to see who was a FA lol and he dropped dramatically. I love the old madden where they had progression at then end of the season kind of like NCAA 14. wish they would bring it back next year for madden 16. So do you still earn XP after every game or just through game prep??
well the Sim does give them EXP but it makes it so they dont spend EXP points.(They never do) so if you sim 3 seasons he could have 30k EXP and be a 59 OVR. and GamePrep is amazing to me. Confidence is an OVR boost and its a quicker EXP system.. what is bad about it?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:02 AM   #7
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWND46
well the Sim does give them EXP but it makes it so they dont spend EXP points.(They never do) so if you sim 3 seasons he could have 30k EXP and be a 59 OVR. and GamePrep is amazing to me. Confidence is an OVR boost and its a quicker EXP system.. what is bad about it?
I don't Sim though I play every game so I would rather have that XP at the end of the season. Idk i guess its not that bad after all and thinking about it. Usually when I do it I want my young talent to get the XP because I look at long term financial situation lol

Last edited by NoFlyZoneAzCards; 09-06-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:09 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

frankly the game prep is so half ***ed its unbelieveable

normally 35 man hours so 4/5 players get some exps. you cant improve guards, fbs, kicker or punters

i could understand say 6 hours per player for maybe 3 days between games? regardless there is no way you can develop any players who arent starters and getting exps at the end of the season imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »