Home

Old 09-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Run commit

Wondering if there is a way to implement this to help my run defense without getting torched elsewhere? Run d is bad and guys like McCoy rip me up for like 8ypc on average. My defense isn't rated very high which is a big part of the problem.

Thinking about incorporating run commits but not quite sure how to do it without getting torched. Anyone know if there is a way to run zone type defenses and do run commit to focus on the RB while minimizing getting torched? Or is run commit really just completely selling out in hopes of guessing where the run is going?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 AM   #2
Pro

blueprint 10.0's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Run commit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Wondering if there is a way to implement this to help my run defense without getting torched elsewhere? Run d is bad and guys like McCoy rip me up for like 8ypc on average. My defense isn't rated very high which is a big part of the problem.

Thinking about incorporating run commits but not quite sure how to do it without getting torched. Anyone know if there is a way to run zone type defenses and do run commit to focus on the RB while minimizing getting torched? Or is run commit really just completely selling out in hopes of guessing where the run is going?
Almost certain its all or nothing
Old 09-06-2014, 12:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

When you run commit up the middle all your LBs are set to blitz, so you can call the run commit which will make all your front 7 guys play the run downhill, and then manually put one of your LBs into zone coverage. If you user control them you can jump the quick route over the middle the QB will usually go to if throwing in that situation.

I usually don't use the run commit to one side or another put I think your players keep whatever assignment they had instead of being set to blitz, but they all run to that side after the snap.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can run commit in nickel, dime, dollar, sub and formations like that much easier. Allows for 6 rushers and still 5 in coverage

Soccer- Timbers & Everton

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »