Home

Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions

This is a discussion on Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions

I decided to ask Donny since we were discussing here is his reply.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412376026.407525.jpg

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #10
Rookie

B-Lo-Z-Ro's Arena

if that is the case, why don't they put a list out of attributes that are meant for CPU play only so users don't waste time & XP upgrading those that don't apply to help the user? Can you ask them what attributes are for computer play only? AWR cant be just for computers, I have played games with Geno Smith, EJ Manuel & CJ spiller & only upgraded their AWR & saw a big difference while controlling them.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Lo-Z-Ro
if that is the case, why don't they put a list out of attributes that are meant for CPU play only so users don't waste time & XP upgrading those that don't apply to help the user? Can you ask them what attributes are for computer play only? AWR cant be just for computers, I have played games with Geno Smith, EJ Manuel & CJ spiller & only upgraded their AWR & saw a big difference while controlling them.

Any player controlled player isn't going to use the awareness trait, except QBs. And the only thing AWR does for them is shake the controller if you are under pressure.

You could have had a confidence boost, just made better decisions, played a bad team/user. There are a bunch of different reasons.

I've been talking to him about coming on a podcast, maybe I can get him on and go over the attributes more in detail

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

LOL!

Thanks for that reply by Donny in regards to BCV

Just a few weeks ago I was trying to tell this guy it has no IMPACT on the Human player and neither does Awareness.

But the guy decided to argue with me anyway over the attributes.

Either way IMO awareness trumps all in regards to CPU players on the field.

Just from editing both Madden and NCAA Football over the past years I refuse to set awareness low for players because it just makes for horrible gameplay if you enjoy playing in single player mode.

For years I've felt as if EA rated QB's in general way too low for awareness and that leads to pop warner decisions by them on the field leading to high frequency of sacks and INT's vs the USER player.

The game has ratings that can be edited to make Madden stellar on the field but it's time consuming and most guys won't want to edit or change the ratings anyway.

I personally haven't used a EA's default roster in Madden or NCAA myself in years....just not a fan of their way of rating players which leads to issues every year out of the box for gameplay.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #13
Rookie

B-Lo-Z-Ro's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Train
Any player controlled player isn't going to use the awareness trait, except QBs. And the only thing AWR does for them is shake the controller if you are under pressure.

You could have had a confidence boost, just made better decisions, played a bad team/user. There are a bunch of different reasons.
Ive read something somewhere a few maddens ago (maybe not from an official EA website) that passing trajectories have to deal with AWR on user & CPU controlled. I never noticed the vibration on the controller for the fact I turned it off to save battery life lol.

Im not sure about what could have happened I havent played enough to get used to the way Madden 15 plays yet.

I would love to know what Madden 15 is suppose to be played on In order to get the real ratings out of the players & teams? Pro or All-Madden...? My guess would be Pro, or is there no such thing? I was even asking Charter04 his opinion on what he felt between Pro & All-Pro. But for some reason it seems like no matter what difficulty you have it one th CPU QB is going to get over 300 yards on you no matter what.

But back to BCV, like I said it feels like you have some type of assist either way, more so in M25 with AWR also. Look at it this way, does BCV turn off or drop to 0 once switched to that player for user control? If not, then it does assist in some way because that what its programmed to do. If I suck at running the ball & have a high BCV, am I better off letting the CPU run for me? Im not saying that the developers are wrong about their own game, just an explanation about certain key attributes would help clear all the smoke. Maybe including info on the attributes on an in game manual would help sort out whats best used for SIM & User.

PS. thanks for all of the input, I know Im not the only one trying to figure all of this out.

Last edited by B-Lo-Z-Ro; 10-05-2014 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #14
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Lo-Z-Ro
Ive read something somewhere a few maddens ago (maybe not from an official EA website) that passing trajectories have to deal with AWR on user & CPU controlled. I never noticed the vibration on the controller for the fact I turned it off to save battery life lol.

Im not sure about what could have happened I havent played enough to get used to the way Madden 15 plays yet.

I would love to know what Madden 15 is suppose to be played on In order to get the real ratings out of the players & teams? Pro or All-Madden...? My guess would be Pro, or is there no such thing? I was even asking Charter04 his opinion on what he felt between Pro & All-Pro. But for some reason it seems like no matter what difficulty you have it one th CPU QB is going to get over 300 yards on you no matter what.

But back to BCV, like I said it feels like you have some type of assist either way, more so in M25 with AWR also. Look at it this way, does BCV turn off or drop to 0 once switched to that player for user control? If not, then it does assist in some way because that what its programmed to do. If I suck at running the ball & have a high BCV, am I better off letting the CPU run for me? Im not saying that the developers are wrong about their own game, just an explanation about certain key attributes would help clear all the smoke. Maybe including info on the attributes on an in game manual would help sort out whats best used for SIM & User.

PS. thanks for all of the input, I know Im not the only one trying to figure all of this out.

All-Pro is the best difficulty to use when facing the CPU as far as letting the ratings play out goes.

Th3 Chos3n On3
Old 10-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #15
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davon_A_Brown
All-Pro is the best difficulty to use when facing the CPU as far as letting the ratings play out goes.

Th3 Chos3n On3
I'm playing 25 and have yet to get into my CFM. I'm still trying out sliders in Play Now games. I see that when I change sliders it goes from All-Pro to Custom. Does that matter? And if so, should I still reload sliders and change to All-Pro? Confused on what the difference is between Custom and the other difficulty sliders. I play coach mode, if that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #16
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
I'm playing 25 and have yet to get into my CFM. I'm still trying out sliders in Play Now games. I see that when I change sliders it goes from All-Pro to Custom. Does that matter? And if so, should I still reload sliders and change to All-Pro? Confused on what the difference is between Custom and the other difficulty sliders. I play coach mode, if that matters.

Sliders are no longer tied to difficulty in 15.

Th3 Chos3n On3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »