Home

Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions

This is a discussion on Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
I agree with you but i also wanna add that awr is very important, ive had more success with high awr and pr safeties than with speedsters
I can see how because no matter how fast a player is, if he can't get in the correct position his speed becomes best when trying to catch up. LaRon Landry is a great example. Fast but not very aware.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #34
Just started!

OVR: 0

Here are the non-Physical Attributes that have the most effect on player ratings for each position from the highest to lowest effect. Attributes that are grouped together have the same effect.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:05 AM   #35
Just started!

I realize this is probably a fairly dead post, but since the Madden is still current, there has been over 4 GB's of updates, and people still question these things..

Anyone that says Awareness and BCV have no effect are just wrong.

Spend half an hour in practice mode. Put your QB Awareness at 50 and then at 99, you will notice that not only is your QB able to throw the ball more accurately under pressure, he also has more ability to lead the receiver in a certain direction, and if you make a bad throw the QB is more likely to purposefully throw the ball where nobody can catch it.

If you're running the ball the difference in bouncing off of blockers and getting up field is night and day if you use a RB with 99 BCV and AWR to a RB with 50 BCV and AWR.

Also keep in mind that although you control in general 1-2 players every play, the other 9-10 are especially effected by AWR since they are controlled by the CPU even when you are playing. High awareness players on defense will react the second you throw the ball and start closing before you know it.

PRC is described to be about not getting fooled by deceptive plays. Again the importance is huge, but in fewer areas than AWR. LB's won't bite on PA's, screen passes will be covered, and read options will be blown up.

Lastly, PRC has nothing to do with curl, flat, or comeback routes. If it's not a PA or screen the only pass play that would be effected by high PRC would be trick plays like the RB pass out of the single back form.

I generally do not play much MUT, rather I play a lot of H2H and in several Online Leagues and where you truly see the development and differences in how you progress players. There could be some differences between game modes, but we have the same tuning updates and are playing User Games either way so I'd assume it works the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #36
Rookie

@jgood13 yea I guess it's a dead post, but it's a subject that can always be discussed more.

I haven't read the thread, so IDK if it's already been discussed, but I find that Spectacular Catch is extremely underrated. Playing with the default rosters at school (because we can't get LIVE with our poor wifi) and the current ones at home, OBJ's 99 SPC rating makes a big difference when you're actually playing the game - if I made a poor throw, OBJ could still make the catch using any animation. Because of him, in one season I completed 4 Hail Mary Jump Balls - he only caught 2 of them, but he managed to tip both of the others he didn't catch into the arms of Larry Donnell running in from behind.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #37
Just started!

I think it's important to note when discussing the "most important attributes" toward building game characters that while some attributes (e.g., ball carrier vision) may or may not be useful to the player during game play, they significantly impact overall rating. If you play connected franchise offline, like some of us old timers, then you are often considering trade value when spending your XP. When you are building your team, your franchise, then you are balancing investing your XP in buying attributes which may not raise a character's overall rating by as much, but will add serious utility on the field, versus trying to improve a character's overall rating (for a trade later), as the character already performs well enough with the "more valuable" skill attributes affecting player performance. Just wanted to throw this out for the franchise builders. If anyone is still reading this thread....
Old 01-24-2015, 05:35 AM   #38
Just started!

Ball carrier vision ONLY applies to CPU controlled players. Guaranteed. Looman and Moore have commented on this in the past.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #39
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjgyjb
Ball carrier vision ONLY applies to CPU controlled players. Guaranteed. Looman and Moore have commented on this in the past.

Disagree... High bcv the hb hits holes faster and is able to get thru smaller spaces.. Yes while controlling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2015, 12:12 AM   #40
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Disagree... High bcv the hb hits holes faster and is able to get thru smaller spaces.. Yes while controlling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100%, you can tell differences between RB's that are good, from the average backs in the game. Overall Id say this is the best playing football game ever made, they are atleast headed in the right direction finally. Only real issue I have with it is freezing up my console to where I have to shut down and reboot, and this is the only game that does that to my console.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »