Home

Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions

This is a discussion on Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
Rookie

B-Lo-Z-Ro's Arena

OVR: 1
Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions

Here are the non-Physical Attributes that have the most effect on player ratings for each position from the highest to lowest effect. Attributes that are grouped together have the same effect.

Attributes that have the least or no effect to ratings aren't shown. That doesn't mean they aren't effective in game.

All Players will say whether you should choose a player with high SPD &/or STR for their position. But of course you want the best athlete you can get with high physical attributes.

QB - Speed
1. Throw Power & Awareness
2. Short Acc. & Med. Acc.
3. Deep Acc.
4. Play Action

note: some people say or think that AWR doesn't work for QB unless CPU operated. Through my testing I noticed with the AWR up his passing trajectories were on point & sharp but stil inaccurate do to other ratings still being low. So in my opinion it does have an effect with user ratings. (you can test this yourself)

HB - Speed
1. Awareness, Carry & Ball Carry Vision
2. Trucking
3. Spin & Juke Move

note: I have tested & found with a higher BCV you tend to slightly get more blocks & move better running. (you can test this yourself) I haven't tested AWR with HB's.

FB - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness & Run Block
2. Impact Block
3. Pass Block & Carry
4. Trucking
5. Catch, Ball Carry Vision & Stiff Arm

WR - Speed
1. Awareness, Catch & Route Run
2. Catch In Traffic & Release
3. Spec. Catch & Carry

TE - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness & Run Block
2. Catch, Catch In Traffic & Route Run
3. Impact Block
4. Pass block

LT - Strength
1. Pass Block
2. Run Block
3. Awareness
4. Impact Block

LG/RG - Strength
1. Pass Block
2. Awareness & Run Block
3. Impact Block

C - Strength
1. Pass & Run Block
2. Awareness
3. Impact Block

RT - Strength
1. Run Block
2. Awareness & Pass Block
3. Impact Block

LE/RE - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness
2. Fin. Move & Pow. Move
3. Tackle & Block Shed
4. Play Rec.
5. Pursuit

DT - Strength
1. Awareness
2. Block Shed, Pow. Move & Fin. Move
3. Tackle
4. Play Rec.

LOLB/ROLB - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness
2. Tackle & Play Rec.
3. Block Shed, Fin. Move & Pow. Move
4. Pursuit & Zone Cov.
5. Man Cov.

MLB - Speed & Strength
1. Tackle
2. Awareness, Play Rec. & Block Shed
3. Pursuit
4. Hit Power
5. Zone Cov., Fin. Move & Pow. Move

CB - Speed
1. Man Cov.
2. Awareness
3. Play Rec. & Zone Cov.
4. Press & Tackle

FS - Speed
1. Awareness & Zone Cov.
2. Play Rec. & Tackle
3. Pursuit & Man Cov.

SS - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness
2. Tackle, Play Rec. & Zone Cov.
3. Pursuit
4. Hit Power & Man Cov.

K - High Kick Acc. & Power
P - High Kick Power
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Madden Most Valuable Attributes... All Positions

Qb awareness only makes the controller vibrate when sensing pressure. If you SIM the game it helps, but not otherwise.

Ball Carrier Vision has nothing to do with blocks. And it's only relevant for SIM games as it helps the ball carrier find the home. It had zero impact when a user is controlling him. Same goes for awareness, sim games it is important. But zero impact when user controlled

For the OLine. I would swap awareness to #1 for all positions. This helps them see the rushers and pick up the correct blocks, vs pass rushing and run blocking.

I've never found a use for pursuit in my madden career, but some people say the defenders take better lines at the ball carrier. I've never had an issue either way, so I that's a judgement call

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

B-Lo-Z-Ro's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Train
Qb awareness only makes the controller vibrate when sensing pressure. If you SIM the game it helps, but not otherwise.

Ball Carrier Vision has nothing to do with blocks. And it's only relevant for SIM games as it helps the ball carrier find the home. It had zero impact when a user is controlling him. Same goes for awareness, sim games it is important. But zero impact when user controlled

For the OLine. I would swap awareness to #1 for all positions. This helps them see the rushers and pick up the correct blocks, vs pass rushing and run blocking.

I've never found a use for pursuit in my madden career, but some people say the defenders take better lines at the ball carrier. I've never had an issue either way, so I that's a judgement call
Im guessing personal assumption? Im going off of the fact in which these attributes in the order provided effect player ratings the most to the least. Since the fact is no official EA developer has come out to officially say how each work & their purpose I can't say whether you are right nor wrong. All I know is that these all effect the ratings of each player & ratings will go up. How they work on the field in game is all up to the player to decide whether or not they work. So if you want to see your player ratings go up, these are how you do it.

Last edited by B-Lo-Z-Ro; 09-17-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

BCV certainly has an effect on user controlled runners. You ever see your ball carrier kinda weave his way through a maze of blocks at the line of scrimmage that seems impossible to negotiate? The sort where you know if you tried it with anybody worse he'd just hit a lineman and collapse? That's ball carrier vision. It finds gaps for you by allowing the runner to move slightly on his own to hit gaps that you, as a player, might miss.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Lo-Z-Ro
Here are the non-Physical Attributes that have the most effect on player ratings for each position from the highest to lowest effect. Attributes that are grouped together have the same effect.

Attributes that have the least or no effect to ratings aren't shown. That doesn't mean they aren't effective in game.

All Players will say whether you should choose a player with high SPD &/or STR for their position. But of course you want the best athlete you can get with high physical attributes.

QB - Speed
1. Throw Power & Awareness
2. Short Acc. & Med. Acc.
3. Deep Acc.
4. Play Action

note: some people say or think that AWR doesn't work for QB unless CPU operated. Through my testing I noticed with the AWR up his passing trajectories were on point & sharp but stil inaccurate do to other ratings still being low. So in my opinion it does have an effect with user ratings. (you can test this yourself)

HB - Speed
1. Awareness, Carry & Ball Carry Vision
2. Trucking
3. Spin & Juke Move

note: I have tested & found with a higher BCV you tend to slightly get more blocks & move better running. (you can test this yourself) I haven't tested AWR with HB's.

FB - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness & Run Block
2. Impact Block
3. Pass Block & Carry
4. Trucking
5. Catch, Ball Carry Vision & Stiff Arm

WR - Speed
1. Awareness, Catch & Route Run
2. Catch In Traffic & Release
3. Spec. Catch & Carry

TE - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness & Run Block
2. Catch, Catch In Traffic & Route Run
3. Impact Block
4. Pass block

LT - Strength
1. Pass Block
2. Run Block
3. Awareness
4. Impact Block

LG/RG - Strength
1. Pass Block
2. Awareness & Run Block
3. Impact Block

C - Strength
1. Pass & Run Block
2. Awareness
3. Impact Block

RT - Strength
1. Run Block
2. Awareness & Pass Block
3. Impact Block

LE/RE - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness
2. Fin. Move & Pow. Move
3. Tackle & Block Shed
4. Play Rec.
5. Pursuit

DT - Strength
1. Awareness
2. Block Shed, Pow. Move & Fin. Move
3. Tackle
4. Play Rec.

LOLB/ROLB - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness
2. Tackle & Play Rec.
3. Block Shed, Fin. Move & Pow. Move
4. Pursuit & Zone Cov.
5. Man Cov.

MLB - Speed & Strength
1. Tackle
2. Awareness, Play Rec. & Block Shed
3. Pursuit
4. Hit Power
5. Zone Cov., Fin. Move & Pow. Move

CB - Speed
1. Man Cov.
2. Awareness
3. Play Rec. & Zone Cov.
4. Press & Tackle

FS - Speed
1. Awareness & Zone Cov.
2. Play Rec. & Tackle
3. Pursuit & Man Cov.

SS - Speed & Strength
1. Awareness
2. Tackle, Play Rec. & Zone Cov.
3. Pursuit
4. Hit Power & Man Cov.

K - High Kick Acc. & Power
P - High Kick Power

Also if you QB has low AWR the defense he's playing against their zone will look like it's about 14 players on the field because they'll play it so tight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Maybe its just that I havent played Madden in quite a few years, but I do believe QB Attributes like Awareness do play a role when you are controlling them as well as CPU.

Now I havent controlled Peyton yet, but I have controlled Luck and Tannehill, and I can tell a difference between Luck and Tannehill. I always feel Im just a play away with Luck but with Tannehill I uneasy most of the time,lol.

It does seem with M15 that there is a big difference between good QB's and scrubs. I played against the Pats and had quite a time trying to stop Brady, but when I played the Jets, Geno Smith was about as dumb as he is IRL at QB.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by woahprettyricky
BCV certainly has an effect on user controlled runners. You ever see your ball carrier kinda weave his way through a maze of blocks at the line of scrimmage that seems impossible to negotiate? The sort where you know if you tried it with anybody worse he'd just hit a lineman and collapse? That's ball carrier vision. It finds gaps for you by allowing the runner to move slightly on his own to hit gaps that you, as a player, might miss.
ball carrier vision makes a huge difference for both CPU & player RB.

also, the pursuit attribute makes a difference too. the D player with good pursuit will break off blocks quicker i the right direction to track down a QB or RB running away from the pocket.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
Rookie

Ball carrier vision ONLY applies to CPU controlled players. Guaranteed. Looman and Moore have commented on this in the past.

Pursuit isn't Blockshed. (That's what makes them get off the block), that's why it's called "Blockshed". Pursuit is chasing down ball carriers and taking better angles at the ball carrier

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »