Home

Help with negative funds in owner mode? (Jaguars CCM)

This is a discussion on Help with negative funds in owner mode? (Jaguars CCM) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40
Help with negative funds in owner mode? (Jaguars CCM)

Hey guys, I wanted to run with the Jaguars and relocated them to LA, my friend did a similar move in Madden 25 and made them the Aftershocks.
I clearly didn't pay attention enough to the financial side, simming the whole first season (and last as Jacksonville) so I could get right to making them contenders again in the City of Angels. We went 1-15 as I hoped for, getting the first pick in the draft. With that and salary cap off I figured some free agent bids and a stockpile of picks would turn us around quickly.

That's where I was wrong, not even considering that a horrid record like that would not bring in any fans and that my cap room was lying to me. The new-look "Crusaders" were shaping up well with additions like Randall Cobb, Larry Donnell, Hakeem Nicks, Tashaun Gipson, etc.. buutt by the preseason I was -$62M in funds. Upping my offers and giving out huge bonuses as a bad team was dumb but I figured with salary cap off it wouldn't make a difference. You need to be in the positive or they'll force you to retire so what the heck.
From what I've read you can try to clear cap penalties, make a new character, make with your roster and win the Super Bowl, do 1-year deals with your FAs, or maybe trade away your big contracts.. but you cannot restructure salaries. Is there anyway to reverse this?

Thanks for any input, if I'm screwed I'll think try again with the Raiders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 06:17 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Help with negative funds in owner mode? (Jaguars CCM)

the problem is that an idiot spent 2 seconds coding last gen ccm. the problem is cash, the logic in the game is that all bonus monies over all years of a contract are taken from your current cash balance with immediate affect.

that simple error means unless you win you cant resign anyone, if you have more away games at the start of the season you are on a hiding to nothing

my simplistic understanding was that salary cap for teams was their 1/32nd share of the tv revenue deal made by the NFL. you dont pay all years bonuses to a player when you sign the deal. teams have to spend a minimum of their cap every year, and a maximum on rookies

stadium costs, coaching staff, admin, marketing etc have to be covered by revenue from merchandise, ticket sales, local sponsorship, advertising etc
Old 09-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon4 Re: Help with negative funds in owner mode? (Jaguars CCM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
you dont pay all years bonuses to a player when you sign the deal.
A signing bonus is a bonus that you get just for signing.. I figured that was what the bonus was.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

there are usually a signing bonus and other bonuses in contracts; for example sack numbers, pro bowl appearances etc.
i think Madden views guaranteed money as bonus regardless of type of bonus
Old 09-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

I figured it out, guys. You just have to retire as an owner and become the coach. Sucks that I have to work around it like that because I like managing stuff but at least I have the $$$ to sign players now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
A signing bonus is a bonus that you get just for signing.. I figured that was what the bonus was.
In reality yes, in Madden, no.

To the OP, building a stadium also takes a devastating and immediate financial toll. Stadium leases are also wonky, because teams don't pay anything unless you build a new stadium. So in addition to the slam of building a new facility, you get hit weekly with lease fees, making it even harder to turn a profit given the FUBAR revenue sharing.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #7
Rookie

I was 156 mill in the hole once had to change to a coach to fix it
Old 09-25-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
Just started!

The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you have ever seen!

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
2014/15 Draft NFL Jersey Update Everyday
Share our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~
We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
Enjoy the best online shipping experience
www dot efeelsports dot ru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »