Home

Ridiculous Article Suggesting That Madden Will Leave EA and Go to VC

This is a discussion on Ridiculous Article Suggesting That Madden Will Leave EA and Go to VC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2004, 12:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ridiculous Article Suggesting That Madden Will Leave EA and Go to

But with Madden now being on a ABC network, it probably easier for him to sign there
Old 04-11-2004, 08:06 PM   #34
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

ABC and ESPN have nothing to do with the games other than name and likeness. ESPN/ABC/Disney are not paying for any of the games and infact are being paid for their name, therefore it neither hurts nor helps Sega's chance of getting Madden. Personally losing Madden would not hurt EA all that much as people are very loyal to the EA name all across the board with sports and action games. All EA would have to do is have a big marketing campaign on how they are the same with or without him and the sales would continue to rack in. But that's just my .02 cents
Old 04-12-2004, 01:38 AM   #35
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Superstar said:
ABC and ESPN have nothing to do with the games other than name and likeness. ESPN/ABC/Disney are not paying for any of the games and infact are being paid for their name, therefore it neither hurts nor helps Sega's chance of getting Madden. Personally losing Madden would not hurt EA all that much as people are very loyal to the EA name all across the board with sports and action games. All EA would have to do is have a big marketing campaign on how they are the same with or without him and the sales would continue to rack in. But that's just my .02 cents

Think again pal ,if the guys name did'nt carry any weight maybe I would'nt care but for me it means football as I'd stated early in a preivous post,anyway I'm finding myself not quite understanding what you're saying here.

Its as if it does'nt make a difference what the fans and followers of the old school Madden games think or feel about it their going to undermine an institution, yes I said it Madden football as far as the video game industry goes it is the "Foundation" as to what other football and a lot of other sport titles are "Measured" by and most old school gamers like myself I think would tend to agree IMHO.

There are strong leagues of "Madden " football gamers all around the world online gamers and at home console gamers, I'm speaking about the real die hard fans of "Madden football" who are everywhere around the globe not only playing but having discussions on a variety of topics "Madden "related.

As far as the EA name goes,they've expanded so much from "back in the day" when about all they really had was their sports line,so you see all those other titles that carry the EA name don't really impact the sport gamer in that way at least IMHO.

I remember playing "Madden in an amusment park arcade way before it found its way to what you guys are playing now and there were'nt any other EA named games around to pick from so what I'm saying is it'd be a sad day when and if this "unconfirmed" rumor were to be found true a,but if so then I'd more then likely sill play "Madden" oops I mean EA's football.

If it does happen I guess I'll have to deal with it and since this is one of the ways I can express my displeasure with this most not too good news I can only put out here to the world to see and bear witness "I had nothing to do with it "

Now thats what I call "Drama",from the heart with a lot of soul.

Holla back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2004, 03:14 AM   #36
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

Quote:

Rickster101 said:
Quote:

Superstar said:

Think again pal ,if the guys name did'nt carry any weight maybe I would'nt care but for me it means football as I'd stated early in a preivous post,anyway I'm finding myself not quite understanding what you're saying here.

Its as if it does'nt make a difference what the fans and followers of the old school Madden games think or feel about it their going to undermine an institution, yes I said it Madden football as far as the video game industry goes it is the "Foundation" as to what other football and a lot of other sport titles are "Measured" by and most old school gamers like myself I think would tend to agree IMHO.

There are strong leagues of "Madden " football gamers all around the world online gamers and at home console gamers, I'm speaking about the real die hard fans of "Madden football" who are everywhere around the globe not only playing but having discussions on a variety of topics "Madden "related.

As far as the EA name goes,they've expanded so much from "back in the day" when about all they really had was their sports line,so you see all those other titles that carry the EA name don't really impact the sport gamer in that way at least IMHO.

I remember playing "Madden in an amusment park arcade way before it found its way to what you guys are playing now and there were'nt any other EA named games around to pick from so what I'm saying is it'd be a sad day when and if this "unconfirmed" rumor were to be found true a,but if so then I'd more then likely sill play "Madden" oops I mean EA's football.

If it does happen I guess I'll have to deal with it and since this is one of the ways I can express my displeasure with this most not too good news I can only put out here to the world to see and bear witness "I had nothing to do with it "

Now thats what I call "Drama",from the heart with a lot of soul.

Holla back

but didn't you just prove my point that no matter where Madden goes you will stay with EA? That is all I was saying, and you a die-hard Madden fan admitted that you would probably stay with EA with or without Madden as I previously explained in my last post.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:32 AM   #37
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

I didn't now that this was a point to be made after all isn't this suppose to be known as a rumor and not fact? In may opinion it may not hurt those dollar signs but there are some things that money just can't buy and a "Name and Reputation" is suppose to stand for somthing,to me its something true,a matter of "Principal".

Yeah,yeah I know sounds like a bucket of tears and all that but I compare this to my "Cleveland Browns" leaving town years ago only to become the "Baltimore Ravens" and win a Superbowl, and that move still burns me today.

In any case its not a fact yet for me and yeah I'll still be playing EA sports football but I'll miss the old guy, I wouldn't say its over quite yet after all its only a rumor. Right?

Holla Back
Old 04-12-2004, 04:53 AM   #38
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

Quote:

Rickster101 said:
I didn't now that this was a point to be made after all isn't this suppose to be known as a rumor and not fact? In may opinion it may not hurt those dollar signs but there are some things that money just can't buy and a "Name and Reputation" is suppose to stand for somthing,to me its something true,a matter of "Principal".

Yeah,yeah I know sounds like a bucket of tears and all that but I compare this to my "Cleveland Browns" leaving town years ago only to become the "Baltimore Ravens" and win a Superbowl, and that move still burns me today.

In any case its not a fact yet for me and yeah I'll still be playing EA sports football but I'll miss the old guy, I wouldn't say its over quite yet after all its only a rumor. Right?

Holla Back

Yeah I think it is just a big rumor, EA has so much money they could probably pay Madden however much he wants and not be worried about what Sega can pony up.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:25 AM   #39
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

I hope Pat Summerall replaces him as a commentator is he leaves the game.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #40
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:

deeman11747 said:
I hope Pat Summerall replaces him as a commentator is he leaves the game.

I don't think Pats up to the task,last I heard which hasn't been long ago he was dealing with health and personal issue of sorts and in recent years had been on the decline for awhile which is most likely why hes decided to retire and seek help.

He'd be great but Pats a little long in the tooth now and was great years ago back in the day,don't get me wrong I like Pat hes been in the broadcast arena for years but I guess the stress from the job along with his long running health and personal issues have just taken their toll. I don't think we'll be hearing from him anytime soon but anything.

Holla Back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »