Home

Madden Cover is down to three

This is a discussion on Madden Cover is down to three within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2004, 05:44 AM   #41
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden Cover is down to three

Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:
I think that if you look at last years cover boys (Vick, Carter) their main focus was to put an athlete that is exciting. Brady is not exciting at all.

Well he may not have the legs of Vick or the personality of Ray but I would have him on the cover simply becuase the mans a winner. Hes become a recognizable face and would be easily markatble.

Just like Meatloaf has taught us "Two out of three aint bad"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2004, 03:30 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

8bit said:
i wonder why no ones considered Payton Manning.

He is on all the NFL Fever covers.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #43
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Tom Brady, because that would gurantee the Patriots suck next year.

PUHHHLEASE!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:26 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Ray Lewis cuz hopefully that woudl mean Madden 2005 actually has defense this year
Old 04-15-2004, 02:18 AM   #45
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

put priest on the cover, all the cover people always get hurt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2004, 08:27 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:
I heard from some reliable sources that the Madden cover is down to three people. Preist Holmes, Ray Lewis and Tom Brady. Which one do you think should be on the cover. And by the way, does it really matter to you who is on the cover. I mean, if you are Pitt fan for example, would you NOT buy the game if Ray Lewis is on the cover?

Of these three, Tom Brady, of course. He is currently on the best team in the NFL; the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. To answer your second question, 'No', it does not matter to me who is on the cover. This goes for ANY NFL video game. To prove it, I bought every single NFL2k title that had Pansy Moss on the cover, and I am a die-hard Bears fan. You do the math.

I will add one more point. Though I don't think it matters who is on the cover, I do think it is in Madden's and the NFL's best interest, to select a cover boy that best represents the NFL as a professional, clean and respectable league. This means that they should avoid players that are constantly involved in controversial situations; like Ray Lewis with his connection to a murder, T.O. with his over-the-top personality and even the whiny Mike Vanderjagt. The cover person should always be a player with integrity and that is good for the game. Brett Favre, Tony Gonzales or Michael Vick just to name a few.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:58 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think lewis should be on the front
Old 04-15-2004, 07:04 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:
I heard from some reliable sources that the Madden cover is down to three people. Preist Holmes, Ray Lewis and Tom Brady. Which one do you think should be on the cover. And by the way, does it really matter to you who is on the cover. I mean, if you are Pitt fan for example, would you NOT buy the game if Ray Lewis is on the cover?

Of these three, Tom Brady, of course. He is currently on the best team in the NFL; the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. To answer your second question, 'No', it does not matter to me who is on the cover. This goes for ANY NFL video game. To prove it, I bought every single NFL2k title that had Pansy Moss on the cover, and I am a die-hard Bears fan. You do the math.

I will add one more point. Though I don't think it matters who is on the cover, I do think it is in Madden's and the NFL's best interest, to select a cover boy that best represents the NFL as a professional, clean and respectable league. This means that they should avoid players that are constantly involved in controversial situations; like Ray Lewis with his connection to a murder, T.O. with his over-the-top personality and even the whiny Mike Vanderjagt. The cover person should always be a player with integrity and that is good for the game. Brett Favre, Tony Gonzales or Michael Vick just to name a few.

I can see your point on why you would like Brady. BUt I disagree with you on T.O. and Ray Lewis. I mean Lewis, for example, has been in Madden COmmercials for the past 2 years. HE is in NFL equipment commercials. YOu can't say that he's good enough to be in your commercials, but not on your cover. And T.O. love him or hate him, has done nothing illegal. No drug suspensions, arrests. 12 kids by 10 moms. HE is just a trash talker a la Deion SAnders. Now you might not like him, and that is understandable, but don't endorse Favre (who had an addiction himself) and put down the others. Be consistent and fair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »