Home

Building the Perfect All-One back Playbook

This is a discussion on Building the Perfect All-One back Playbook within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #1
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0
Lightbulb Building the Perfect All-One back Playbook

After doing some heavy researching and playing/testing on Madden and NCAA. I have really bought into the system and now with sitting on a 12-4 record on M15 (PS3). I think its time to go build the "perfect" playbook to really shine this offense bright. The playbook I am running right now has around 25-30 formations and around 370 out of the 400 plays allowed. A typical video game playbook has around 15-20ish give or take. To me that too many to build a custom around. So, being a research lover that I am. I went to the wide world of Google and Bing to dig deeper. The first links I go to some notes off of is the father of the college one back; Dennis Erickson. After reading all his pdf file speeches from 1988 to 2012. I wrote down all the formations. They are 8 total singleback formations (Slot, Trips, Trips Wide, Y-Trips, Big, Empty, Jumbo, and Big close.)

While I was sitting looking at the this list. I was thinking. Hmmmmm 8 formations all undercenter. I have spinning in my head. Do I go get shotgun formations to match up with the same looks as singleback or go all out Pistol to combine the two systems into one or mix all 3 to give me a total of 24.

All three formation systems has it cons and pros. I could do all 3 to give me the full range of zone running game and Strong Power/read option from both pistol and shotgun.

The passing passing game where this system shines the most with the roll outs and sprints plays that goes off the runs from the pistol and under center formations.

As of right now "playing" wise. I am using this system in 2 OD on NCAA and with the Ravens on my 2nd "real" account and like I said I am 12-4 and the last 30 games on my "test" account on madden and went around 25-3. As far as my stats goes. Its not nothing to go to bust out 275-350 yards passing and 150-200 rushing. The system is that fun to run.

In ending. I want to put a end to all the custom pb's headaches and go with one finish playbook and take the online world by storm as I have in the last couple of weeks with my test playbook that has all 3 formation styles in it (Gun, Pistol, and SB).

One side note, I have been studying the 4 "one back" teams on NCAA 14. They are Eastern Michigan, Alabama, Miami OH, and Colorado State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Building the Perfect All-One back Playbook

Sounds fun, i have downloaded your previous playbooks and can't wait for this one!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Re: Building the Perfect All-One back Playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
Sounds fun, i have downloaded your previous playbooks and can't wait for this one!
I just got done making Dennis Erickson old Miami singleback offense. I am going to convert it into the pistol offense? Are you on PS3? If so, add me and we will lab.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »