Home

Wouldt it just be hella sweet....

This is a discussion on Wouldt it just be hella sweet.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Wouldt it just be hella sweet....

If madden 2005 incorperated ragdoll physics for tackles like the knockdowns for fight night??? Obviously it would take a crapload of work for them not to look awkward but if it did work, imagine it- no two tackles would be alike. The players would react to where they are hit. Maybe theyll do it for the next gen lineup of games who knows but I can still dream.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2004, 06:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Wouldt it just be hella sweet....

the funny thing is, if EA borrowed things from its other sports games to madden and ncaa it would be the best game yet. As mentioned they included fight nights ragdoll physics, mvps throwing meter, the freind/enemy meter idea from nascar for rivalries in ncaa, and the motion capturing of all players on the feild like in nba live.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:24 PM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Fight nights knockdowns don't look realistic at all. Every time they get knockout they look like they are having a seizure or something and they look like their legs are jelly. They don't just fall over.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:49 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

I think what Madden needs is to get the code from NCAA also and add some of it to Madden. It blows my mind that NCAA always has features that Madden does Not and Madden comes out 2 months later. I know they are different teams working on them, but like last year, Once you played NCAA and saw the head tracking, it was awesome. Then when I picked up Madden and it didn't have it, it felt like a step backwards.

Again, last year I felt NCAA was a better product than Madden overall and I've though this for the last 3 years. Maybe EA should have the NCAA team and the Madden team swap.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:13 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey 8bit!

Yes, this would be very, very cool. I think we are on our way. I do believe that we will see 'no two tackles the same' on the next-gen systems. These consoles are getting more and more powerful as the years go on. Since graphics are about as maxed-out as they are going to get on the current systems, look for the new systems to have the capability to avoid 'patterns, repeats and predictions' in an NFL video game. Here are a few things I am speaking of that the Xbox Next and the PS3 can fix with regard to an NFL title:

1) No longer will you get a recognizable animation where you can let off the controller, because you know the end of the animation will result in your forward momentum of 2.3 yards and that's all.

2) Commentary will no longer repeat itself in predictable points in the game. Like the exact same 1st quarter commentary, or commentary where the player is wide open running towards the endzone.

3) Player banter referring to the same quarterback. Now the smack talk will be more abundant and random.

4) No more giving up on a player when he goes into his 'spin right before the tackle' animation, resulting in him being tackled for a 1.7 yard loss. Now, whether he escapes or not will depend on how you use the controller to get out of the opponents grasp.

These are some of the repetitive points of the game that the next-gen consoles should have no problem tackling. Ha! TACKLING! Get it? Ha! Ha! Ha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #6
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Hey 8bit!

Yes, this would be very, very cool. I think we are on our way. I do believe that we will see 'no two tackles the same' on the next-gen systems. These consoles are getting more and more powerful as the years go on. Since graphics are about as maxed-out as they are going to get on the current systems, look for the new systems to have the capability to avoid 'patterns, repeats and predictions' in an NFL video game. Here are a few things I am speaking of that the Xbox Next and the PS3 can fix with regard to an NFL title:

1) No longer will you get a recognizable animation where you can let off the controller, because you know the end of the animation will result in your forward momentum of 2.3 yards and that's all.

2) Commentary will no longer repeat itself in predictable points in the game. Like the exact same 1st quarter commentary, or commentary where the player is wide open running towards the endzone.

3) Player banter referring to the same quarterback. Now the smack talk will be more abundant and random.

4) No more giving up on a player when he goes into his 'spin right before the tackle' animation, resulting in him being tackled for a 1.7 yard loss. Now, whether he escapes or not will depend on how you use the controller to get out of the opponents grasp.

These are some of the repetitive points of the game that the next-gen consoles should have no problem tackling. Ha! TACKLING! Get it? Ha! Ha! Ha!

Why are you so sure that all of this stuff will be fixed by the next consoles?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »