Home

EA Going XBOX Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on EA Going XBOX Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2004, 02:32 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: EA Going XBOX Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seeing that we already pay MS 50.00 a year for live, I would only see EA charging us if they offer something special to gamers like XSN was going to do with some of its features that were suppose to be released in year 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2004, 03:06 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, my wife is going to be mad now!!!!!!!! Got to get the wireless adapter and live tonight! This is the best news I have heard all year!
Old 04-25-2004, 08:35 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 18

wait a minute

f xbox live...i need custom soundtracks

no more blink 182
Old 04-25-2004, 09:04 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

pb4201 said:
anyone esle think EA will charge Xbox owners for this????

Huh? That can't happen. That's why we pay for a subscription to play Xbox Live. EA's sports games will now be Live enabled, they can't charge us extra for that. Sure they will be using their own servers, but remember their servers will be connected to Microsoft's main server as a subserver, but it's all the same service...Xbox Live. Besides with the increased amount of sales that they are going to get this Fall, they wouldn't need to charge anyway.

An announcement like this just made the No.1 football franchise that much stronger. Think of the many people that were on the fence about which game to get. Like me for instance, I loved the depth of Madden's franchise, but hated the fact that it, as well as the other EA titles were not on Xbox Live. But now I don't have to wonder about which game I will purchase, and I'm sure that there are many others across the US that feel the same way. In fact, when I read the article at IGN I immediately preordered Madden, NCAA football, and Live.

This will be huge in the sales department for Microsoft and EA! This is wonderful news!
Old 04-25-2004, 09:08 AM   #45
Banned

i wonder if ea bio will be incorporated into how many live hours you log...

that would be bananas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2004, 09:22 AM   #46
All Star

OVR: 14

Quote:

highpressure said:
Quote:

pb4201 said:
anyone esle think EA will charge Xbox owners for this????

Huh? That can't happen. That's why we pay for a subscription to play Xbox Live. EA's sports games will now be Live enabled, they can't charge us extra for that. Sure they will be using their own servers, but remember their servers will be connected to Microsoft's main server as a subserver, but it's all the same service...Xbox Live. Besides with the increased amount of sales that they are going to get this Fall, they wouldn't need to charge anyway.

An announcement like this just made the No.1 football franchise that much stronger. Think of the many people that were on the fence about which game to get. Like me for instance, I loved the depth of Madden's franchise, but hated the fact that it, as well as the other EA titles were not on Xbox Live. But now I don't have to wonder about which game I will purchase, and I'm sure that there are many others across the US that feel the same way. In fact, when I read the article at IGN I immediately preordered Madden, NCAA football, and Live.

This will be huge in the sales department for Microsoft and EA! This is wonderful news!

Actually they could charge. Just like MS charged for one of the Links' downloads.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:26 AM   #47
Banned

he probably meant to play the actual game, if you had to pay

content downloads are extra...you should pay for those
Old 04-25-2004, 09:58 AM   #48
MVP

jason8ooo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
i wonder if ea bio will be incorporated into how many live hours you log...

that would be bananas

On Ps2 last year for some online games it did that. I know in Madden that it did count the hours but not in NHL. I certainly logged a ton of hours in Madden online last year. Just not as much as my 120+ hours of Socom 2, and I'm still playing socom 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »