Home

Madden Screens

This is a discussion on Madden Screens within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2004, 12:32 AM   #17
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden Screens

I just can't wait for the game man.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:11 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Unfortunately, from what I saw of the game during the draft, it seems like the game moves and plays the same way as last year. Ridiculous jukes, spins, etc.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:06 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Don't get me wrong people, I'm not judging the game. I have said nothing about how the game will be. I am judging that screenshot though and how I don't like defenders flying backwards like that in video games period. Not just madden but any game. The game itself will probably kick alot of ***.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:44 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Just a note.. the angle really exaggerates the defender "flying through the air."

It's tough to judge the distance the players are from one another, but if you look at the shadows, the bodies aren't that far apart.

I don't think Holmes sent the guy flying as much as he knocked him down, but again, it's very tough to tell from the angle presented.

None of the screenshots presented are taken from a "gameplay view" camera angle. They look nice, and I guess that is what they are going for.

What intrigues me about the Priest Holmes screenshot is how he knocked the defender down. The ball is in his left hand, so a stiff arm is unlikely. Could this be the result of a "Hit Stick" defensive move that failed?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:50 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

Triton said:
Unfortunately, from what I saw of the game during the draft, it seems like the game moves and plays the same way as last year. Ridiculous jukes, spins, etc.

I saw a bunch of new animations from Vick getting tackled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2004, 11:29 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

GO chiefs... but something isnt right about priest's helmet, where is the face guard for the helmet... I cant wait for REAL FOOTBALL.. let alone madden
Old 04-27-2004, 11:37 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Could this be the result of a "Hit Stick" defensive move that failed?

Very interesting question. Other than that the screenshot is fab. I like the definition they've added to the players this year. To be honest this is the most I've been excited about Madden in about 3 years. With those new defensive hot routes it will allow people like myself to be creative with the already existing plays in the defensive playbooks. That's alot of what kept me playing Sega's game. Developing schemes using hot blitz feature and putting it to work vs online opponents = FUN defense.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would like to watch Madden 05 from more of a sideline (tv angle). To see how much it resembles the game itself as we watch on the tube. With the new turning animations i would love to see a HB turn the corner for some big yds. Or a DB or LB meet the RB as he hits the corner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »