Home

show som luv and put Tillman on the cover

This is a discussion on show som luv and put Tillman on the cover within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 06:19 PM   #9
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: show som luv and put Tillman on the cover

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
Wow.. this same poll is posted in 3 other forums and this is the only one where people find it inappropiate and are disgusted and shiz.. oh well.. delete it if it gets you that heated.. damn.

I don't find the question of whether to put Tillman on the cover offensive. What I find offensive is how you are taking the issue lightly, especially with your "No, I am a terrorist." Tasteless.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:23 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Oh well.. I guess since you can't look past and it won't let me edit it than it must mean that I am tasteless.. How can I contiue to live my life knowing that I am tasteless. Damnit. I hate myself...
Old 04-26-2004, 06:26 PM   #11
Pro

Pat Tillman would not have wanted to be on the cover of the next Madden game.

He went out of state to enlist in the Army, and was not interested in the spotlight at all.

It's hard to respect this guy enough, especially after his lfe details are coming out now. He was the kind of guy that didn't want the spotlight, and it's a good thing.

The Madden cover wouldn't be for him.

Also, I just wanted to note that that you made a very poor judgement call on adding the poll options.

Just because someone thinks Pat Tillman shouldn't be on the Madden cover, does not make that person a terrorist. Especially if you knew or read anything about his life; you would know that he would likely have no desire to be placed in a spotlight as bright as that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2004, 06:29 PM   #12
Banned

Well I would have taken it out if it would have let me so get over it... damn.

Anyway, You are right about how he didn't want any spotlight, he didn't do any interviews or anything he was doing what he believes in. I still think he deserves some recognition, even if it isn't something as drastic as the cover to the videogame.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:33 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:

Anyway, You are right about how he didn't want any spotlight, he didn't do any interviews or anything he was doing what he believes in. I still think he deserves some recognition, even if it isn't something as drastic as the cover to the videogame.

I read that the Cardinals will name a terrace or portion of their stadium after him.. I think it will be called the Pat Tillman Freedom Terrace, or something along those lines.

He is a unique case because he seemed to be an extreme opposite of the showy and self-centered image that many athletes do portray, and I think that also makes it difficult to properly honor him and give him fame, as that really wasn't his style.

In a way, in order to honor and remember the guy, they will have to go against his own lifestyle by creating some sort of remberance or memorial in his honor.

I think it would ideally be best to do something important, but not too flashy, but it will be interesting to see how the NFL handles this incident.

Take care.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:36 PM   #14
Banned

TO could learn a thing or two about getting over the money and what team you are on and showing your heart and playing the game.

That is a good idea with the stadium.. if he was playing on the Eagles they would make one of those signs like they habve of McNabb and others.

They already have a mini tribute on their website.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:20 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it would be a great honor if Ea would do it, but we all know he wouldn't wan't that! I got out of the 3rd Ranger Bat in 2000, and after 9-11 I called the Army and wanted to go kick their ***, but i had to enlist another 4 yrs, and there was no way I was going to leave my state job!
I guess I couldn't make the sacrifice again! But I just wan't to say thanks to all Vets on the board and all active duty people thanks for serving in our armed forces and making the worls a better place!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2004, 08:30 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

So your choices are "Yes, he deserves it" or "No, I'm a terrorist". How about "No, because it's a stupid idea."

When Tillman joined the Army he didn't want any media attention, or any type of special treatment at all. Why? because he felt that he was just another human being like the hundreds of others soldiers that have died in this war. You people who want to immortalize him (on the cover of a video game of all things) are going against everything he stood for. Your missing the entire point. If he didn't want any special attention when he was alive what makes you think he would want it now.

So he could have been rich had he not joined the Army, does that make his sacrifice any more important than the poor kid who joined the Army because he couldn't afford to go to college? No. They both made the ultimate sacrifice and left greiving families behind.

If you really want to pay your respects to a guy who despite his talent and fortune, realized that he was just human, then say a prayer for ALL the fallen troops families. While your at it, say a prayer for the troops that are still alive and hope they make it home. Don't you think he would have wanted it that way.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »