Home

What makes Madden better than ESPN???

This is a discussion on What makes Madden better than ESPN??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2004, 01:16 AM   #17
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What makes Madden better than ESPN???

Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

joeboo said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

nivek said:
I love both games, but I'm just more used to the Madden franchise. I've been playing it since 92, and I don't think I'll ever stop buying it. That's not to say that ESPN Football is null and void, I'm just more comfortable with Madden. To answer the question, ESPN Football makes Madden better b/c without competition I'd be still playing Madden 98 with the Madden 2005 label slapped on.

What did you think about this week's football friday? Are you ready to make that switch

While I was impressed with what the IGN article said about ESPN, I'm still on the fence. We all know how all these great ideas don't always make it into games or are poorly implemented. That's not a bash on ESPN, but just a cautiously optimistic point of view.

Exactly...I'm loving all the ESPN stuff, but like I said...competition makes both titles better.

I wonder what EA still has up its sleeve for Madden 2005
Old 05-01-2004, 01:23 AM   #18
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

joeboo said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

nivek said:
I love both games, but I'm just more used to the Madden franchise. I've been playing it since 92, and I don't think I'll ever stop buying it. That's not to say that ESPN Football is null and void, I'm just more comfortable with Madden. To answer the question, ESPN Football makes Madden better b/c without competition I'd be still playing Madden 98 with the Madden 2005 label slapped on.

What did you think about this week's football friday? Are you ready to make that switch

While I was impressed with what the IGN article said about ESPN, I'm still on the fence. We all know how all these great ideas don't always make it into games or are poorly implemented. That's not a bash on ESPN, but just a cautiously optimistic point of view.

Exactly...I'm loving all the ESPN stuff, but like I said...competition makes both titles better.

I wonder what EA still has up its sleeve for Madden 2005

Hopefully they drop some big news at E3
Old 05-01-2004, 02:25 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you also own NCAA, you can import real college players in Madden.

It is obviously too soon to say which game will be better this year. I have never bought a Sega Sports football game for the current generation of consonles (I had Joe Montanta Football '94 for Genesis) but I will probably go into this year with an open mind. With the enhanced graphics, ESPN could be the obvious choice for Xbox owners, but I am not sure if that will be true for those of us who only own the PS2.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:36 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

ESPN's playbooks stink IMO and all their players run with sticks up their rear. Nuff said.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:42 PM   #21
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

ODogg said:
ESPN's playbooks stink IMO and all their players run with sticks up their rear. Nuff said.

How are the playbooks bad? Espn has team-specific playbooks with over 250 plays for each team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2004, 02:46 PM   #22
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

How are the playbooks bad? Espn has team-specific playbooks with over 250 plays for each team.

They have no deep route pass plays
Old 05-01-2004, 02:48 PM   #23
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

What are you talking about?
Old 05-01-2004, 02:49 PM   #24
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

What are you talking about?

They plays in playbook where there deeps routes run and the CPU don't run them..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »