Home

What makes Madden better than ESPN???

This is a discussion on What makes Madden better than ESPN??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2004, 02:53 PM   #25
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What makes Madden better than ESPN???

Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
ESPN's playbooks stink IMO and all their players run with sticks up their rear. Nuff said.

How are the playbooks bad? Espn has team-specific playbooks with over 250 plays for each team.

They have no deep route pass plays

What are you talking about?

They plays in playbook where there deeps routes run and the CPU don't run them..

What would that have to do with the playbooks? And I've had the computer throw plenty of long passes on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2004, 06:36 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

People like madden because they have just been playing it FOREVER. I played it since it first debuted on genesis in '92, but I grew tired of ea just adding one new feature or team rosters the following year and repacking it as a NEW game. When 2k game along I saw something fresh and new so I changed to that. EA turned into WWE, with no competition the game grew stale. I got both games last year but grew tired of the same things I've always hated in madden: graphics, catch-up ai, lack of weekly wrap-ups, crappy commentary, boring atmosphere, etc. Owner mode was okay in the beginning but then it became a nuisance. I only "played" madden to import my college kids, but with this year's ncaa i don't think i'll need madden to follow their careers anymore. So, to quote Eddie Murphy in Distinguished Gentleman, madden is better to most because it's "the name you know." If ESPN was called madden, everybody would run and buy that while telling you all other games are trash.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:03 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

i loved madden's game last year, but after seeing the ign article on espn 2k5, i will probably get that, it has almost everything i could want in a football game
Old 05-01-2004, 07:07 PM   #28
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

That maybe your opinoin but I also have been playing madden since it was called John Madden football and I haven't gotten tired of it yet as a matter of fact I can't wait for this years game. I have a problem with espn football there men run so stupid no human football player runs like that. I hate there playbooks they stink period. There is no use for crib mode and the first person mode was already tried by Madden years ago. So tell me what is so different about ESPN football from Madden besides the graphics.

Ps. Maddens graphics aren't to shabby either.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:24 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 18

will you rent or purchase 2k5 malloy?
Old 05-01-2004, 07:28 PM   #30

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

emalloy3 said:
That maybe your opinoin but I also have been playing madden since it was called John Madden football and I haven't gotten tired of it yet as a matter of fact I can't wait for this years game. I have a problem with espn football there men run so stupid no human football player runs like that. I hate there playbooks they stink period. There is no use for crib mode and the first person mode was already tried by Madden years ago. So tell me what is so different about ESPN football from Madden besides the graphics.

Once again, how are the playbooks bad? And espn's gameplay is better. I don't feel like I'm ice skating or driving a bus when i'm playing espn. First person mode was not tried by madden, they just made it a seperate camera they didn't make a seperate mode and focus on it. The crib is a user profile without all of the boring menus and you can unlock things and keep track of your trophy's (which madden fans have wanted for awhile).
Old 05-01-2004, 07:36 PM   #31
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

emalloy3 said:

Once again, how are the playbooks bad? And espn's gameplay is better. I don't feel like I'm ice skating or driving a bus when i'm playing espn.

Yeah, instead ESPN I can swing the controller left and right like I was skiing. There's no balance in any of the games. ESPN has too litte and Madden has too much running momentum. As for the playbooks, I also feel that ESPN's playbooks are a lil' west coast-ish. That's not to say that all of the plays fit more of a west coast type offense, it's just that it seems as if the west coast type plays are more successful. It could be me, but I have a hard time streching defenses in ESPN then in Madden. Even with a TE like Heap or Shockey, it sill find it harder to strech D's and also going deep seems to be a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2004, 07:43 PM   #32

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

emalloy3 said:

Once again, how are the playbooks bad? And espn's gameplay is better. I don't feel like I'm ice skating or driving a bus when i'm playing espn.

Yeah, instead ESPN I can swing the controller left and right like I was skiing. There's no balance in any of the games. ESPN has too litte and Madden has too much running momentum. As for the playbooks, I also feel that ESPN's playbooks are a lil' west coast-ish. That's not to say that all of the plays fit more of a west coast type offense, it's just that it seems as if the west coast type plays are more successful. It could be me, but I have a hard time streching defenses in ESPN then in Madden. Even with a TE like Heap or Shockey, it sill find it harder to strech D's and also going deep seems to be a problem.

I can stretch the field with donte' and boo williams and with joe horn a little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »