Home

How do you play your online CFM

This is a discussion on How do you play your online CFM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
How do you play your online CFM

Just wondering how everyone plays their online CFM?

My buddy have played together for years but now he doesnt have time to play. So I am debating if I want to play online by myself or just stop.

I of course would prefer to play online with someone else but what are ya gonna do.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you play your online CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Just wondering how everyone plays their online CFM?

My buddy have played together for years but now he doesnt have time to play. So I am debating if I want to play online by myself or just stop.

I of course would prefer to play online with someone else but what are ya gonna do.

Thoughts?
LOL I was just thinking the same thing. I don't have anyone else to play with should I just go and do one on my own.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

I just sent you a PM raindragon
Old 11-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
I just sent you a PM raindragon
Copy that.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:15 PM   #5
Just started!

I was just thinking the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 04:28 AM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I do a 32 team control CFM, but the Dolphins are my team. Im also all 32 owners that way if coach gets fired IRL I can fire him in my CFM. Not sure how its going to work since I have heard owner mode has some issue with not having enough money, but I will figure that out when it happens,lol. Main reason I went with 32 team control was to make sure things stay realistic, and I dont see Brees, Manning, Brady, etc changing teams and being a backup in a few years. Plus I like to keep things realistic as possible, so thats why I went this route.

During the pre season I am playing quite a few of the other teams games, to get my sliders an auto subs set where I want them. Im Madden sliders are so tricky it seems to take a while to get things just right, unlike other games I play like MLBTS and NBA2k. I have actually found this to be quite fun, and makes preseason kind of fun playing with other teams. I typcially have always been a 1 team guy, or in Madden I have sometime played with 2 teams since Im a life long fan of the Dolphins, and when the Colts moved to Indiana, I started to root for them too since they are in my State. Since Peyton is in Denver I tend to root for them too, even though I always hated them and John Elway, but Im a fan of Peyton so I have to overlook my hate for Elway and the Broncos,lol.

Once Pre season is over and I get my sliders and auto subs mailed down, which I think Im very close, actually have sliders down, but auto sub Im still fiddling with, but once the regular season starts I probably will only play the Dolphins games, and set the other teams to auto pilot.

Something else I might do is keep tabs on other teams finances and if they happen to be struggling then I might mix up prices for them. Hopefully on Auto Pilot it optimizes those teams for most money to be made.

I got a late start on my franchise because I started out just being the coach of the Dolphins, but then I saw some stupid moves my the AI with trades, and releases, like seeing the Falcons cut Hester in preseason. When that happened I got upset and quit playing for a while, then decided to just control all 32 teams in my franchise, to make sure things stay realistic.

Right now Im in week 2 of the preseason, preseason is going slow since I have been playing some of the other games to get settings adjusted. Im close to being done with week 2, hopefully tomorrow I will be on week 3 of the preseason, if I can get several games in. I also play 15 minute qtrs with between 12-15 sec runoff, so games take some time to play. Im just OCD about realism, and if I can get the right amount of plays I will play real time minutes.

I have been messing around some with adjusting some of the ticket prices, food, etc for other teams, just to see how it works and what works and what dont. Like for big markets and teams that do well I will keep prices high, but lower proces of small markets and bad teams to see if it helps with sales.

Probably to much messing around for people to play the way I am, but unfortunately I have plenty of time on my hands since my health turned bad and Im no longer able to work, so playing games is about all I get done each day. I dont really like having to control all teams, but if you want realism its really the only way to go in sports games, and especally in Madden with as stupid as the AI is. It will never be perfect, but it in no way should be as bad as it is in this game. You would think by now devs would be a smart enough to make the AI have a little brains, and Madden might be the worse of the sports games out, although NBA2k AI is pretty dumb too when it comes to trades and signings. MLBTS isnt great in this area, but better than than these 2 games with AI moves.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #7
Just started!

Since Peyton is in Denver I tend to root for them too, even though I always hated them and John Elway, but Im a fan of Peyton so I have to overlook my hate for Elway and the Broncos

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »