Home

NEW MADDEN PREVIEW!

This is a discussion on NEW MADDEN PREVIEW! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2004, 12:57 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NEW MADDEN PREVIEW!

These r still early vids. Besides, last year did u see how bad Redskin RB's and FB's blocked. With a back blocking in protection it is based on awareness and all RB's are not created equal when it comes to pass blocking. People want 2 see a perfect pocket every time, which doesnt always happen in the NFL. Especially if u watched the Giants play last season, whose line was terrible. BTW, in the second part of the vid, the RB picked up the DT pretty well. Giving the QB enough time to through a pass. Also, how many defenders do you know in the NFL can cover an under thrown pass. Also, the LB guarding the tightend is playing man not zone.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:01 AM   #74
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

the FB didn't block anyone though, he stood between them, didn't even try. I dont know how aware you have to be to see 2 300lb men run by you trying to attack your QB.

As for the second pass, my biggest gripe is with the WR sencing the ball was under thrown without looking at it. I agree if you watch football you know the hardest pass to defend against is the underthrown ball, expecialy in man coverage, but with the zone help i thought he should ahve made a better play.

But like i said that catch in doubel coverage was my biggest gripe followed by the FB phantom block.

Oh yeah, i just wanted to add that i only care about gameplay so that whay i am focusing on this footage so much, since none of that franchise stuff interests me.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:08 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

Seems 2 me in the second part of the vid the LB is shadowing the QB, and isnt deep enough in his coverage to make a play on the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2004, 02:04 AM   #76
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
the o-line play is bad...since when does everyone run off in their own direction...and the pocket breaks down way to fast...yea i know...but you get like 4 sec in real life...madden vid shows like 1.25

I'm sure sliders will come into play here.

I love the ideas but I share similair concerns. The gameplay looks the same - same old catches in hard coverage and unhuman like awareness. The tackling is also starting to feel the same, which is a disappointment, if they don't fix defenders sliding off tackle animations in progress and instead allow them to join in on the tackle it will practically be 2004 with a new label as far as gameplay is concerned for me.

BTW, you keep mentioning the "FB" blocking in the video. What FB? are you talking about the Panthers one? I don't see now FB at all.

Also, I wonder why they don't publish PC screens instead, at like 1280x960 or something, those shots are all jaggered. They use to cash in on the PC's high image quality for pre release screens.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:07 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Aaenuel said:
I think I put in a good 300 hours of gameplay on Madden 2004, so I know what it looks and plays like. After looking at those vids, the animation and speed seem a lot like NCAA 2004. Color me crazy, but I am underwhelmed by this new information.

yeah i completely agree... i have owned every version of madden thats ever come out but this "update" is really lacking it seems like espn is doing so much more this offseason, it seems like all madden has done is add player chemistry, and newspapers. I think the additions sound good, but nothing is realy standing out for me, not like rookies with real generated faces, mel kiper draft shows, suzy whatever her names interviews, pre-game prep with game film. I hope sega can deliver all that, who knows. But Madden 2005 just seems like a small upgrade from 2004. Not that thats bad, 2004 was awesome, i just wish EA would innovate a bit more... Ill probably own 2 football games for the first time ever this year.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:10 AM   #78
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Also, notice how on the first Panthers pass to the TE the second defender who doesn't end up making the tackle has position on the ball, but then TURNS AWAY and goes back a bit, and then attempts to pick the ball BEHIND the TE. That is the same as last year. He SHOULDN'T go back, he should get in front and then go for the ball.

It is hard to spot, so hold down CTRL and P and keep tapping them together to get a 'frame by frame' style view. (presuming you've figured out how to actually download the movies and not just view them off IGN).
Old 05-07-2004, 02:12 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

I got a question....
I don't see anything about money and owner mode in the movies, is there still an owner mode?

The game looks great though!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:24 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 18

dude that is owner mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »