Home

Pay to Play...is it Possible

This is a discussion on Pay to Play...is it Possible within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Pay to Play...is it Possible

I dont see the big deal, xbox live's price should have nothing to do with it, as anyone with live has a plethora of titles to enjoy over the service.

If EA charges, then they better charge across the board, imagine if they only decide to charge xbox users. Y'all would have to be extremely loyal to allow that. I know I wont be paying for anything that ps2 users aren't paying for.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:41 PM   #34
All Star

OVR: 14

I don't think they will charge to just play the game; it will probably be for leagues, tourneys, etc--pretty much the EA Nation version of XSN.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:45 PM   #35
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

Why are y'all angry that a company is trying to maximize its revenue? That's what our entire society is built on, and it's why we have disposable income and free time to play Madden. They're not bitching about Madden's online options in Africa, they're trying to figure out if they'll have something to eat at the next meal.

Viva capitalism!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2004, 01:48 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

CheckMate said:
I don't think they will charge to just play the game; it will probably be for leagues, tourneys, etc--pretty much the EA Nation version of XSN.

if that's the case i'm cool being that most of the time I just want to sit down and get a couple games in online minus all the league crap.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:04 PM   #37
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Isn't the lack of competition just grand?

I REFUSE to pay for a game TWICE! In my opinion, it's bad enough that the "premium" content isn't part of what I'm already paying for. This is why I don't play MMO games. Screw that.

But NONE of this should surprise anyone at all.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:17 PM   #38
All Star

OVR: 14

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

CheckMate said:

if that's the case i'm cool being that most of the time I just want to sit down and get a couple games in online minus all the league crap.

I just read a post over on the xbox live forums and the Xbox Live Director of Programming stated that basic play (which I assume is exhibition games) is included in the Live subscription cost.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:21 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

CheckMate said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

CheckMate said:

I just read a post over on the xbox live forums and the Xbox Live Director of Programming stated that basic play (which I assume is exhibition games) is included in the Live subscription cost.

that's all I need.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:07 PM   #40
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

DoubleDeuce said:
Why are y'all angry that a company is trying to maximize its revenue? That's what our entire society is built on, and it's why we have disposable income and free time to play Madden. They're not bitching about Madden's online options in Africa, they're trying to figure out if they'll have something to eat at the next meal.

Viva capitalism!

Because while I want to play Madden, Im fairly well off and have a good job, and I do have enough disposable income to afford it, I cant be doing this for everythign I play. The line has to be drawn somewhere. And just like capitalism is companys making money, its also customers supporting the market place with supply and demand. We have to put out foot down and tell them how its going to be. Thats capitilsm to

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »