Home

The only reason why Madden is still winning the war

This is a discussion on The only reason why Madden is still winning the war within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 12:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
The only reason why Madden is still winning the war

Don't get me wrong, I love Madden and I will probably purchase it this year, but I think that the only reason (at least for me) why Madden is still on top is because of NCAA Football's greatness. I'll be honest, I enjoy ESPN Football a little more than Madden, on-field, during the season, and off-season. The only reason why I keep buying Madden is because I can draft the players from NCAA (which to me is a 9.5/10) into Madden and watch them progress. Does anyone identify with me on this one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 12:52 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: The only reason why Madden is still winning the war

since your new let me say

there is no bashing here...what you just typed...has been beaten to death on both boards...so...your...not really...bringing anything new to the table

enjoy OS
Old 05-10-2004, 01:33 AM   #3
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

albsur2003 said:
Don't get me wrong, I love Madden and I will probably purchase it this year, but I think that the only reason (at least for me) why Madden is still on top is because of NCAA Football's greatness.

Wouldn't they sell the same amount of units on each console then? I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, but that isn't why Madden is still on top. John Madden is mainstream, most ppl know him from the videogames. I'm sure 80% of the casual gamers that buy Madden don't know that he was a real coach in the NFL. I'm sure freakin' Jessica Simpson has played Madden!
Old 05-10-2004, 01:55 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:

jordan0386 said:

there is no bashing here...what you just typed...has been beaten to death on both boards...so...your...not really...bringing anything new to the table

enjoy OS

jordan, why do you constantly take it upon yourself to determine the validity/worth/contribution level of posts like these? Is this really needed? Wouldn't it be eaiser to just ignore these posts? I mean, have you ever taken it upon yourself to consider that, the reason that people are posting things that have already been gone over is PRECISELY because they're new and arent "familar" waht has been debated over the past few weeks? I remember when I was new here, I didn't mount a massive search campaign to make sure my topics didn't step on the toes of other threads. In the future, consider showing a little more tact and possibly referring the new posters to other threads where their topic has been discussed, rather than snidely telling them their topics fail to "bring anything new".

Just a thought.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:17 AM   #5
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

Silverstring said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:

enjoy OS

jordan, why do you constantly take it upon yourself to determine the validity/worth/contribution level of posts like these? Is this really needed? Wouldn't it be eaiser to just ignore these posts? I mean, have you ever taken it upon yourself to consider that, the reason that people are posting things that have already been gone over is PRECISELY because they're new and arent "familar" waht has been debated over the past few weeks? I remember when I was new here, I didn't mount a massive search campaign to make sure my topics didn't step on the toes of other threads. In the future, consider showing a little more tact and possibly referring the new posters to other threads where their topic has been discussed, rather than snidely telling them their topics fail to "bring anything new".

Just a thought.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 06:58 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

well...i never

Old 05-10-2004, 07:49 AM   #7
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

jordan0386 said:

enjoy OS

Stop trying to be a Mod. We have plenty.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #8
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

jordan0386 said:

enjoy OS

actually your the one wasting bandwith as well posting that
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »