Home

New Patch 1.04

This is a discussion on New Patch 1.04 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
New Patch 1.04

I was instructed to download patch 1.04 today for the 360. I'm sure the PS3 will have a patch, also.

1 game sample size, Play Now, 7 minute quarters, default all pro, penalty sliders all over the place.

Packers vs Patriots, Rodgers(me) 70% passing, Brady 8/13 and 3 inaccurate passes. 1 sack apiece from each team, Brady did not hold onto the ball much at all.

No penalties, ugh.

Lacy had over 100 yds.

1 small sample size and I was pleased with no Robo QB and no 5-8 sacks. I need to sample more games, though and I won't be able to do that much over the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

Last edited by roadman; 11-25-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New Patch 1.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I was instructed to download patch 1.04 today for the 360. I'm sure the PS3 will have a patch, also.

1 game sample size, Play Now, 7 minute quarters, default all pro, penalty sliders all over the place.

Packers vs Patriots, Rodgers(me) 70% passing, Brady 8/13 and 3 inaccurate passes. 1 sack apiece from each team, Brady did not hold onto the ball much at all.

No penalties, ugh.

Lacy had over 100 yds.

1 small sample size and I was pleased with no Robo QB and no 5-8 sacks. I need to sample more games, though and I won't be able to do that much over the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
The patch didn't address those issues.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ_3
The patch didn't address those issues.
Link, please?

The patch for NG stated gameplay tuning and stability issues.

How do we know what that includes?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Would like to hear more feedback from those that have installed the update.

I started an on line CFM a while back (due to the sim stat issues off line at the time) and now I can't go back in unless I install the update.

I am thinking I will re-start an off line CFM now until I know for sure what the impact on game play really is. I finally got the game to play at a level I can tolerate long term and I am very hesitant to give EA a chance to screw it up again.

Thanks in advance to anyone that shares their observations.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Would like to hear more feedback from those that have installed the update.

I started an on line CFM a while back (due to the sim stat issues off line at the time) and now I can't go back in unless I install the update.

I am thinking I will re-start an off line CFM now until I know for sure what the impact on game play really is. I finally got the game to play at a level I can tolerate long term and I am very hesitant to give EA a chance to screw it up again.

Thanks in advance to anyone that shares their observations.
I just downloaded it last night and got 1 game in I can say that I had 3 picks and 3 sacks. I was playing the Rams and I had 1 injury and scored 38 they had 9 points. I would like to know if they fixed the injured depth chart returning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindragon
I just downloaded it last night and got 1 game in I can say that I had 3 picks and 3 sacks. I was playing the Rams and I had 1 injury and scored 38 they had 9 points. I would like to know if they fixed the injured depth chart returning.
What settings and sliders are you using.

Thank you.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

I have an online franchise using a modified version of JoshC's NG set on All Madden. Main differences are I have threshold at 0, speed at slow, Hum QB ACC at 3, and tweaked Coverage sliders to account for last generation differences. A few other sliders are also modified based on issues we were seeing. Penalties are modified because on last gen with his penalties the pursuit on defense was horrible (bad angles, lack of aggression). I'm pretty sure this was due to the high PCI in his set?

Two of us play somewhat sim style in the league (gameflow, no switch D). We have tweaked these sliders over 2 seasons and have had pretty good results. Sacks were still too high, but we did notice an improvement with the pass block at 0 and Int grounding at 0. We were seeing 3-6 sacks most games. We had upped CPU RB to 40 from zero a few games ago and didn't notice much difference until last night when the CPU ran all over me, so that may need to be dropped. Overall I had a good game, but for some reason sacks were back up. I play a 3-4 and the DE's had a combined 5 sacks along with 1 from a safety and 2 for LB's. The DE sacks were all coverage sacks, which is frustrating. I did notice more penalties than usual (false start and offsides mostly).

Here are the sliders we are using:

14 Min quarters, runoff to 11 seconds, All Madden.

HUM/CPU
qb acc: 3/3
pass blocking: 0/0
wr catching: 42/42
run blocking: 0/40
Fumbles: 40/40
Reaction time: 60/45
interceptions: 40/40
Pass coverage: 40/65
tackling: 23/23

FG Power – 50
FG Acc - 30
Punt Power - 50
Punt Acc - 100
KO Power - 65

Penalties
Offside: 99
False Start:80
Holding: 99
Facemask: 42
DPI: 50
OPI: 50
PCI: 65
Clipping: 50
int grounding: 0
roughing the passer:50
roughing the kicker: 10
Old 11-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'll be interested to see if notes for this patch are ever released. I still haven't purchased this game yet because of some of the issues noted in the impressions thread, as well as this one. If the Robo QB and sacks issues have been cleaned up, I may get in on this game, otherwise I'll just continue with Madden 25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »