Home

just left the e3 show!

This is a discussion on just left the e3 show! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2004, 08:53 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: just left the e3 show!

Quote:

nflnutt said:
yo ill be there tommorrow about 11 am will you still be there im black too and ill pm you my cell number and we can hook up and play both its all good.

cool 11am

Did you have on the ram jersey, and cap?
Old 05-12-2004, 08:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

"On the E3 floor, Madden's playing and looking smooth, drawing some of the biggest lines of any game at the show. The defensive additions really help even out the playing field, especially the ability to individually reassign any player on the field. You want to blitz the whole team? Go ahead and see what happens. You want to blitz the linebackers and drop the defensive lineman back in coverage? The choice is yours. Watching the replay you can see the corners and wideouts fighting for position when the ball is snapped, and the corners play much more aggressive all the way down the field. The defenders also appear to pursue running quarterbacks a lot better, taking more accurate angles, while not leaving their blindside open to backdoor screens"

Im really starting to wonder if ign is getting paid to write this stuff i was just at the show and there was no line to play this game most of the ppl were focused on catwoman they really need to stop this kind of journalism
Old 05-12-2004, 09:04 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:

nflnutt said:
"On the E3 floor, Madden's playing and looking smooth, drawing some of the biggest lines of any game at the show. The defensive additions really help even out the playing field, especially the ability to individually reassign any player on the field. You want to blitz the whole team? Go ahead and see what happens. You want to blitz the linebackers and drop the defensive lineman back in coverage? The choice is yours. Watching the replay you can see the corners and wideouts fighting for position when the ball is snapped, and the corners play much more aggressive all the way down the field. The defenders also appear to pursue running quarterbacks a lot better, taking more accurate angles, while not leaving their blindside open to backdoor screens"

Im really starting to wonder if ign is getting paid to write this stuff i was just at the show and there was no line to play this game most of the ppl were focused on catwoman they really need to stop this kind of journalism

Yup something is up. If you picked up EGM's magazine last year when they reviewed both ESPN and Madden, you'd see the power money has on journalist. If I remember correctly, they gave a 75-80% build (without waiting for the real version) of ESPN a score of 7.5 avg. and gave Madden a 9.0 avg. Some of the excuses they made were so ridiculous too. I'm expecting the same results this year.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:06 PM   #20
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

I just think it's because it's hard for people to accept that there's a better football game out there than their beloved Madden.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:08 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:

Flyboy said:
I just think it's because it's hard for people to accept that there's a better football game out there than their beloved Madden.

You know im very objective i check out both games every and i buy both every year but i think tiburon is finally hitting the wall while espn is still being innovative and thats what it looked like today at the e3 show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2004, 09:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

nflnutt said:

In all fairness, unless you were at the EA booth all day, you have no idea what the lines were like when they were there. I'm not trying to stick up for IGN, I hate that site. But my experience from the one E3 I went to is the lines shift alot on some of the games. Where as big *** exclusives Like Halo 2 have lines all day.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:

Danimal66 said:
Quote:

nflnutt said:

In all fairness, unless you were at the EA booth all day, you have no idea what the lines were like when they were there. I'm not trying to stick up for IGN, I hate that site. But my experience from the one E3 I went to is the lines shift alot on some of the games. Where as big *** exclusives Like Halo 2 have lines all day.

Actually i was back and forth between the ea sports booth and the sega booth this year since they were closer this year and between the hours of 10.am to 4:30 pm i didnt see any long lines so i tend to believe that ign is biased as usual.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:14 PM   #24
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

nflnutt said:

With the improvements made to ESPN NFL 2005 as well, this really could be the best year of video game football console owners have ever seen.

Let the games begin.

Post the whole article next time!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »