Home

E3 impressions from the guys at MM

This is a discussion on E3 impressions from the guys at MM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2004, 06:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
E3 impressions from the guys at MM

A few things that sound really promising...

Direct from Steph and Tim....

Day 1-Steph-
This years Madden looks better than ever. First and foremost the "jetpack" is not in the game

There are over 30 "hit stick" animations that if timed right can change the course of the game whether it be a fumble or a momentum charger. Madden also has over 1,000 new animations from running, to tackling, to catching.

The gameplay feels tight and there are no more "circular" motions on the joystick that let you do a unrealistic 360.

The defensive backs also have a "auto swat" now in which they can just not press the swat button and just get position and watch as their DB swats the ball away.

Subsituting a WR in for a TE is no longer in the game as well.

Here's the link to the rest of the write up, if u can get on, its pretty busy.

link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
MVP

Re: E3 impressions from the guys at MM

I love the fact that DB's will automatically swat at balls ala Fever 2004. I hope now that when u take control they wont do that nasty superman, up up and away animation.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:12 PM   #3
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Thanks for the heads up
Old 05-13-2004, 06:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

LOL! This is my sig over there.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:21 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

what kinda servers are they on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 06:40 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Well I cant even read it, because like always their servers are down.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:42 PM   #7
MVP

here it is...2 huge paragraphs

Day 1-Steph-
This years Madden looks better than ever. First and foremost the "jetpack" is not in the game (sorry deejay). EA has really focused on DEFENSE this season and with the addition of the "hit stick" it is headed in the right direction. There are over 30 "hit stick" animations that if timed right can change the course of the game whether it be a fumble or a momentum charger. Madden also has over 1,000 new animations from running, to tackling, to catching. A running animation that sticks out is where a running back will bend his legs as if trying to pivot in a new direction. The gameplay feels tight and there are no more "circular" motions on the joystick that let you do a unrealistic 360. The defensive backs also have a "auto swat" now in which they can just not press the swat button and just get position and watch as their DB swats the ball away. Also, with new defensive assignments you can match a CB up to a WR all game long. Subsituting a WR in for a TE is no longer in the game as well. The atmosphere has changed as well. Super Bowl celebrations are now something to play a franchise or season for. There will be fireworks, confetti, the big inflatable football players, players running out of the helmets while being introduced and even dumping the water cooler over the coach (speaking of, Parcells is not in the game ). This year's game looks good so far but more analysis will come in the next few days. Just giving you guys some tidbits so far.
Steph-

Day 1-TimsGiants
Online leagues? Nope damnnit!!! Something at least? Well there will be something, what.. they still wont say, the save stats then having them mailed directly to your email was the most frequent answer for a league tool possiblity. They have something up their sleeve...but no one would give up the info lol. Ability to upload your personal rosters? Nope again, I was pretty bummed out that they didn't add this one but they did add some really cool things. While we didn't get to see all of these new online features in action here is what we were told
EA Messenger- now you can go direct with the headset without going into the game. It will be a messenger option. EA will have a realtime Sports score ticker going on so you don't have to miss your games while playing your game. You can now concede a win, called Friendly Quit. The new tourney mode will be great for MM, 1 day tourneys!!!! No more..hold on let me see who you play next and waiting!! Also you can rig your cell phone to let you know when its your turn to play, the messenger will call you somehow..pretty cool. Ratings... you can give your opponent a rating based on fair player, this also helps with the play now feature. With play now you can sort by VS, 5% disconnect or lower, high rank, same rank ect to start a play now game. The fair play is stricter, not letting you go for as many questionable 4th down situations like last year. Jetpack? lol well lets say its finally realistic. This was the 1st thing I tested while playing.You no longer can cut a route and sky like MJ for the ball. While there is a high leap animation it is used in a realistic fashion. I loved it!!! As a matter of fact one EA representitve said,"You can thank him, he got rid of it and felt it hurt the game, he also said he was the man behind the new hb option. With the hb option if you bring up the pass icons you cant pull them down!!! As soon as the HB gets the toss its defended like a run, if he brings up the pass icon then he is a sitting duck basically, meaning the hb option is a real play and no longer a toggle between run/pass cheese play. You can assign a db to a specific wideout finally, also the new d hot routes and hit stick are kick [censored]!! SOmething that bummed me out but will probally make most ballers happy..no more dante hall moves.****nning circles around guys ect, you cant stop and start like the last maddens. Blocking is 100 times better, the pocket seemed crisp, I did see one guy do a NCAA 2003 type DE rush from the outside though, but I think it was due to the other guy dropping the qb straight back. There was some Bigbuc type drop backs that seemed to have all day to throw though too lol jk. To sum up day 1, #1. Unbelievable how informative and how much time the EA reps spent explaining the new features and the ideas behind them. Anyone that thinks the guys behind the game dont play it and dont understand the everyday gamer are way off. EA personell are like you and I. #2 the games graphics are better, while not to much difference there is alot of detail and awesome animations and #3 EA has made a game that seems much more realistic this year!!! Bump n Run and more game play coming tommorow
Old 05-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

man they said your ableto drop the qb back really far and that he has all day to throw. Not cool, I like being pressured into getting the ball off early its very realistic and makes for realistric stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »