Home

Madden is Good,

This is a discussion on Madden is Good, within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2004, 07:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Madden is Good,

I will give you more I played it also the VG guys were there playing it, the hit stick is good, just the only thing Xbox related, when switching players nearest to the ball carrier, its hard to pull off, 1 because you have to switch with a face button, and time the hit stick with switching, it will take a while to get use too. I suggested to the EA rep, too talk to the developers and see if they could make switch with the rt analog stick just a press to the nearest ball carrier and then level the sucker. If steve will allow, I'll give more impressions. But 1st I have too go to the gym get my sweat on. On a side note nflnutt is a good baller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 07:53 PM   #2
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden is Good,

super duper quick impressions, and these are my inital views only

the positive: franchise has stepped it up with the radio commentary, being able to listen to coaches on the radio, taking phones calls, etc. If they implement the whole "player getting angry at not playing then this could be a fantastic feature. Graphics have been improved. the defense has been steped up.

cons: although the defense has improved, it still allows the long ball ( this is on multiplayer). and there is something weird going on with the ps2 version. when the ball is snapped, if the camera is not zoomed back, the game slows down considerably. This does not happen on the gc or xbox.

again, early build, just brainstorming here also. Take deep breaths, dont make a big deal out of it, just be aware that this was apparent in the builds playing at the ps2 booth.

back later with more pics and impressions, trying to get the media uploaded now
Old 05-13-2004, 08:04 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

coaches take phone calls in the radio part of franchise?

WHOA!

Hmm that slowdown on the PS2 build is a bit worrisome but i'm sure it'll be resolved come release.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:08 PM   #4
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

its more like bruno takes phones calls from the players, coaches and regular callers. if you pull your qb early ina game, they might call up and ask what the hell were you doing, things like that. There is supposed to be 30 hours worth of sports talk, if you want to call it that
Old 05-13-2004, 10:55 PM   #5
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
its more like bruno takes phones calls from the players, coaches and regular callers. if you pull your qb early ina game, they might call up and ask what the hell were you doing, things like that. There is supposed to be 30 hours worth of sports talk, if you want to call it that

Damn! .....EA is not playing around this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 11:09 PM   #6
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

Bacardi151 said:

Damn! .....EA is not playing around this year!

Nope, they sure arent. Way to go EA!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »