Home

E3 videos..what do you think?

This is a discussion on E3 videos..what do you think? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2004, 01:19 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: E3 videos..what do you think?

Is it me or does Madden look a little faster this yr? Thats a good thing as long as it isnt too fast.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:20 PM   #10
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Is it me or does Madden look a little faster this yr? Thats a good thing as long as it isnt too fast.

It might be faster, because it was noticeably faster than NCAA, to me.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:30 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

It looks as fast as ESPN has been. Which is positive if it plays as realistic at this speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 01:57 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16

I noticed that in the PC version of 2004.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:20 PM   #13
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

The first thing that stood out to me (despite the fact that we were looking at pictures from a camera) was the field textures. I'm sure the lighting played a key role in this, but the field textures really stood out to me. I give them a thumbs up for that.

I still like the running game in Madden. Even though I didn't really notice pulling guards or obvious holes, I just like the physical nature and movement of the running game.

I didn't like the TD pass thrown across the body of the QB. Way too accurate. No wobble. No WR adjustment to the ball. It was just right on the money.

DB play was a knock for me last year and probably every year so I HATE seeing WRs getting behind the DBs. Don't know what Fetter or the OS guys saw while at E3, but that is one of the most annoying aspects of Madden for me. Just gotta hope that it gets fixed before the release, although I highly doubt it.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:16 PM   #14
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Videos look pretty good to me. They definatly worked on the graphics from what I can see. Thats the only thing I can judge for now until I play it myself. I cant wait Im actually excited for MADDEN!!
Old 05-15-2004, 07:37 PM   #15
Rookie

squaremarker's Arena

OVR: 4

The only thing I noticed from the videos was that when a player put down their foot and pushed off, it looked like they had some power behind it. We have all heard about Madden's ice capades when on defense and the slick feel you get, it looks more jerking now in a good way (?) I am not quite sure how to explain it but it is a good thing.

I liked a few new transition animations when rounding corners and turning up field, the Hit Stick animations are cool but there are only 10 of them. That has always been my gripe with Madden, their hits look weak and the ones intended to be painful just seem dull.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 08:14 PM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I'll have to look again at the hit stick hits but the one that really bothered me was the rb on a sweep dropping like a bag of bricks when being hit by an lb from the side. Momentum from the hit should've made him slide and at the very least go down sideways a bit but he just drops. Then they both lay there before the runner gets up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »