Home

My Madden 2005 Impressions

This is a discussion on My Madden 2005 Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2004, 07:03 PM   #33
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: My Madden 2005 Impressions

Quote:

ODogg said:
Sounds like Fetter thinks that Madden 2005 is basically the same as 2004, at least from reading the impressions that is what I get from his comments. Is this a valid conclusion?

If it is, guess it'll be another year of NCAA playing for me while Madden collects dust.

I think he has been implying from the little he's seen so far (on pro mode) he hasnt seen anything that really stands out from 2004 in gameplay terms.

We still have 3 months to go and as websites get their hands on Beta builds, we'll find out how much of an improvement this game is over last.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:29 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

ODogg said:
Sounds like Fetter thinks that Madden 2005 is basically the same as 2004, at least from reading the impressions that is what I get from his comments. Is this a valid conclusion?

If it is, guess it'll be another year of NCAA playing for me while Madden collects dust.

I can't speak for Fetter but it appears that the build at e3 and level available to play isn't much different. Obviously much shouldn't be read into that b/c it was the same news as last year but I don't understand your comment (one that many others would say as well).

Hypothetically, if it were to become clear at release that the game isn't much different than last year AND that's something that you know would keep you from playing it then why buy it at all? Why would the extreme be it collecting dust after spending the $50 rather than leaving it on the shelf at the store? It's interesting that you are the one to say this too since you were so defensive about me saying that many buy it b/c of it's tie with NCAA. Now you're pretty much admitting that you'd buy it no matter how good or bad it may be. I'm sure you'd follow that statement by chewing out an ESPN fan that claims many madden fans buy blind when you appear to be one of them.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:31 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

The best thing for everyone to do is to realize that the game they played at E3 is an early build. We should all wait until OS gets the beta copy and get impressions from him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 07:49 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 16

or just wait to get our own copies.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:15 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

Spin said:
or just wait to get our own copies.

we don't have that kinda time.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:32 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

I can't speak for Fetter but it appears that the build at e3 and level available to play isn't much different. Obviously much shouldn't be read into that b/c it was the same news as last year but I don't understand your comment (one that many others would say as well).

Hypothetically, if it were to become clear at release that the game isn't much different than last year AND that's something that you know would keep you from playing it then why buy it at all? Why would the extreme be it collecting dust after spending the $50 rather than leaving it on the shelf at the store? It's interesting that you are the one to say this too since you were so defensive about me saying that many buy it b/c of it's tie with NCAA. Now you're pretty much admitting that you'd buy it no matter how good or bad it may be. I'm sure you'd follow that statement by chewing out an ESPN fan that claims many madden fans buy blind when you appear to be one of them.

I'll buy it because I enjoy football games. Same reason as ESPN. I bought it last year and it collects dust just like Madden while I play NCAA. However if I want to play an NFL game it is there if I want to play it. But the vast majority of the time I simply play NCAA.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:36 PM   #39
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

I'll buy it because I enjoy football games. Same reason as ESPN. I bought it last year and it collects dust just like Madden while I play NCAA. However if I want to play an NFL game it is there if I want to play it. But the vast majority of the time I simply play NCAA.

Same here. I gotta get my NFL fix, but NCAA last year was simply better and it looks like it might be the case again this year.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:26 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

LBzrule said:
Fetter 1 question. The defensive adjustments, out of all the gameplay vids from OS, gamespot, and everywhere else I've looked, when it is a head to head game, I don't see people using the defensive adjustments. Now my inital assumption was well maybe the users are forgettiing about them. But then I have to ask, are they hard to pull off in 2 player games because the 2nd player just gets to the line and hikes it and you have no time?

I tried them a little and they seem like a decent improvement. The problem will be that with all the things you could ajust and want to ajust I don't see any reason that the other player couldn't just snap the ball while I was trying to get everyone in the perfect position. Over time if you don't switch back and forth between this and Sega's game I think you could get good at it and be able to do what you want quick, as long as you come up to the line with a pretty good idea of what you want to change. But for guys like me that go back and forth between NCAA, Madden, and 2k it'll be hell tring to remember all the audibles and all of that and being able to react to do it quick.

And also pretty much whatever you did on this gameplay level you were gonna get abused by the deepball anyway. So I imgaine we really won't know the full on capability of this change until we get a beta and can play it on All-Pro.

When it comes to this issue fetter when i played madden at the e3 show i noticed that when the defense did all that shifting they moved in hyper speed to get into position which i felt was unrealistic at one point in the game the ea rep showed me that i could bring both safeties to the line to disguise my defense.. So i tried to quick snap it and throw it over the safeties but miraculously they were back in position and it was at that point i told the ea rep have a nice day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »