Home

Xbox.com screen shots

This is a discussion on Xbox.com screen shots within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2004, 04:06 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Xbox.com screen shots

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

Moegames said:
Not too shabby...though not on ESPN's level but it still dont look terrible. Only grip i have and HAD since it came to ps2 4/5 years ago is the players dont look really tough..its sorta hard to explain but they dont have the "tough" look to them..more of a doughy/kiddy look to them and it bugs me. Either way..not too great but not to shabby neither.

I want people to comment about this statement. That's EXACTLY what I've always felt about Madden. The graphics themselves aren't BAD, it just doesn't look enough like the NFL. It looks too stylized or something.

Perhaps they're too rounded, as in not round as a whole, but whereever there might be a rough edge on a real NFL player, EA kinda rounds it off...

I dunno, I don't really know how to describe it, but it doesn't quite look exactly like a real football player... still good though, and some good lighting too.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:20 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Krioniq said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

Moegames said:
Not too shabby...though not on ESPN's level but it still dont look terrible. Only grip i have and HAD since it came to ps2 4/5 years ago is the players dont look really tough..its sorta hard to explain but they dont have the "tough" look to them..more of a doughy/kiddy look to them and it bugs me. Either way..not too great but not to shabby neither.

I want people to comment about this statement. That's EXACTLY what I've always felt about Madden. The graphics themselves aren't BAD, it just doesn't look enough like the NFL. It looks too stylized or something.

Perhaps they're too rounded, as in not round as a whole, but whereever there might be a rough edge on a real NFL player, EA kinda rounds it off...

I dunno, I don't really know how to describe it, but it doesn't quite look exactly like a real football player... still good though, and some good lighting too.

Well if you want to get specific about it, it looks like a video game. The sky looks beautiful but even if I head down to the beaches of Jamaica I'd be lucky to see a sky that nice. In most cities where nfl games are played you won't see it. The players are still clay-ish. The arms are huge (think that's kinda new) in width and length and the other features look big too but not as big as the arms. basically it's pretty but doesn't look realistic. Depends on what you're looking for. If you want to be fooled into thinking you're watching a real game it's not going to happen with Madden, but if just want to play a good game that looks very nice then you can see from these screens it's going to look nice.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:25 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

Krioniq said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

Moegames said:

Well if you want to get specific about it, it looks like a video game. The sky looks beautiful but even if I head down to the beaches of Jamaica I'd be lucky to see a sky that nice. In most cities where nfl games are played you won't see it. The players are still clay-ish. The arms are huge (think that's kinda new) in width and length and the other features look big too but not as big as the arms. basically it's pretty but doesn't look realistic. Depends on what you're looking for. If you want to be fooled into thinking you're watching a real game it's not going to happen with Madden, but if just want to play a good game that looks very nice then you can see from these screens it's going to look nice.

Exzangly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »