Home

I have a big problem with my updated franchise file...please help.

This is a discussion on I have a big problem with my updated franchise file...please help. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
I have a big problem with my updated franchise file...please help.

Ok, so here's the deal. I've spent a good chunk of the last three weeks doing this updated franchise save.

I went through the NCAA rosters and made them match the order each player was drafted. Then I uploaded the rosters into Madden. I went through and did all the free agency stuff including creating about 25 players who retired.

It's been a big pain in the [censored] but I finally finished last night and I was messing around with it this morning. I wanted to see if next year's draft class was accurate so I simmed through the season and uploaded my class.

When I went to the offseason schedule menu, everything was locked except the START NEW SEASON option.

I hit X just to see what would happen and it took me back to the import roster screen after the Pro Bowl is played. I imported the rosters again, and this time everything was available in the offseason menu except for player retirements.

I clicked to re-sign the players and there were no players that needed to be re-signed. All of them had at least one year left on their contract.

Then I clicked on rookie scouting...and there were no players.

When I left that screen and clicked on the draft, the game froze.

I've tried it many times with default draft classes and my imported ones. The result is always the same.

Is there anything I can do, or did I just waste three weeks for nothing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2004, 11:13 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: I have a big problem with my updated franchise file...please help.

Madden franchises will freeze after a few years if you are using a roster with more than 32 created players, sounds like you are using one with well over 32. Your franchise is pretty much screwed you'll have to delete players down to 32 and start again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »