Home

madden 05 vs ncaa 04

This is a discussion on madden 05 vs ncaa 04 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
madden 05 vs ncaa 04

i know its early, but based on everything we've read and seen on this years game do you think MADDEN 05 will be as good or better than last years NCAA 04. which to me was the best football game(ESPN included) by far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2004, 11:52 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: madden 05 vs ncaa 04

doubtful, but hopefully it will be as least as good..that'd be nice..
Old 05-24-2004, 12:28 AM   #3
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Cant compare the two games imo. I like them each for different reasons.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:53 PM   #4
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

The only comparison that matters to me is that I am still playing NCAA 2004. I don't think I will be playing Madden 2005 10 months after it's released.....but until it comes out, who knows, maybe I will.....
Old 05-24-2004, 08:07 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

I think Madden 2k5 will be much better than NCAA. This will be the first Madden that I can remember that will (apparently) have some sense of gameplay balance. I still think they're throwing out too many options; there's no way to account for the myriad possibilities by giving you so much freedom to do whatever. It'll take a while, but come November/December, the lobbies may be filled with cheese threads about this and that.

Regardless, I think this year's Madden will be clearly better than NCAA. But don't think Madden will be better than ESPN, without trying to start a Madden/ESPN argument. Madden seems to be "following" ESPN in terms of innovation (various enhancements to defense & presentation more or less correlate to things that are ALREADY in ESPN) and I think it's safe to say that it's much more likely you'll see ESPN's enhancements being clamored for in Madden than vice versa (I think it's safe to say that ESPN fans won't be asking for a radio show, while Madden fans are sure to want some sort of VIP-like system, for example).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2004, 09:30 PM   #6
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I dont understand how people event if you are a hardcore NFL fan can say that Madden '03 and '04 are better than the NCAA series from those years. I bought all 4 games and the only two I still have are NCAA '03 and '04 I mean the DB's on Madden give up long bombs constantly and the receivers are simply gone if they catch a deep ball on you. Not to mention that theres a host of other advantages that NCAA seems to have. The only good Madden on PS2 was the very first one.

After feeling I have wasted $100 on Madden the past couple years I will definitely be renting this years game first.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:42 AM   #7
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with stoncold NCAA has been better than Madden the past couple of years, it plays more realistically in my opinion. I like the fact that you can play defense in NCAA. Madden reminds me of arena football!! EA should let the NCAA team develop Madden.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

spankdatazz22 said:
I think Madden 2k5 will be much better than NCAA. This will be the first Madden that I can remember that will (apparently) have some sense of gameplay balance. I still think they're throwing out too many options; there's no way to account for the myriad possibilities by giving you so much freedom to do whatever. It'll take a while, but come November/December, the lobbies may be filled with cheese threads about this and that.

Regardless, I think this year's Madden will be clearly better than NCAA. But don't think Madden will be better than ESPN, without trying to start a Madden/ESPN argument. Madden seems to be "following" ESPN in terms of innovation (various enhancements to defense & presentation more or less correlate to things that are ALREADY in ESPN) and I think it's safe to say that it's much more likely you'll see ESPN's enhancements being clamored for in Madden than vice versa (I think it's safe to say that ESPN fans won't be asking for a radio show, while Madden fans are sure to want some sort of VIP-like system, for example).

RIght. Madden will be better than NCAA but not better than ESPN. Sound like fanboydom to me. NCAA was the best football released last year. As it stands it'll be the best again this year. There's no way madden can be better than NCAA but not better than ESPN.... shhhhh....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »