Home

Madden Producer Interview

This is a discussion on Madden Producer Interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2004, 11:20 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Madden Producer Interview

no, i do
Old 06-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #34
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Spin said:
I hope they get this right...

EA SPORTS: What other modifications have been made to defensive play this year?

Phil Frazier: We started over and re-did our DB coverage, especially man-to-man. Good DBs will just blanket their receivers this year. We really feel that we've portrayed the shut-down corners extremely well, and it will actually force the offense to rely more on strategy and mismatches than money plays. Adding to that, defensive matchups let you assign a particular defensive player to cover a certain guy all game. Imagine sticking Champ Bailey on Randy Moss, and not really having to worry about that side of the field for the rest of the game. We also added defensive hot routes where you can customize nearly everything about your defense before the snap. There are just too many things to mention -- it truly is an exciting year for defense.

Interview

Does this " goodDB blanketing" now mean that we probably wont be able to catch any passes with our good recievers now? Knowing EA this will probably be overdone...
Old 06-03-2004, 12:18 PM   #35
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Jistic said:
I just hope they don't OVER do it. I mean Champ Bailey shouldn't be able to shut down any reciever for an ENTIRE game. Hell the Bears even lit him up last year.

Yes they did. That was one of the many examples as to why this guy is not a "lock-down" DB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2004, 07:19 PM   #36
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

I always get a chuckle out of the Madden team saying there are over a 1000 new animations. They say this every year. Well maybe they aren't lieing if you count a finger moving up or down as 2 animations. They did say last years Stadium Builder had millions of combinations.............
Old 06-03-2004, 10:32 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

TyghtWork said:
Its starting to sound more and more like FOF

This is exactly what I think is happening too. EA bought out Front Office Football (a text based sim for those who aren't familiar with it) a few years ago and the owner mode and this years "Icons" and player happiness features seem to be taken directly from that game. I loved FOF on the PC, but I found Owner Mode kind of boring, for some reason setting Hot Dog prices didn't work for me on the console. The whole player happiness and icon stuff is straight FOF stuff though, and if it is implemented right should add some real depth to the franchise mode.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:34 AM   #38
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

some really nice info. Im looking forword to Madden 2005.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:33 PM   #39
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

HitDoctor said:
Quote:

Jistic said:
I just hope they don't OVER do it. I mean Champ Bailey shouldn't be able to shut down any reciever for an ENTIRE game. Hell the Bears even lit him up last year.

Yes they did. That was one of the many examples as to why this guy is not a "lock-down" DB.

What and who is a "lock-down" DB in your opinion?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »