Home

20-yard Dropback Still in 2005

This is a discussion on 20-yard Dropback Still in 2005 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2004, 03:56 AM   #33
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 20-yard Dropback Still in 2005

Quote:

spin16 said:
I'm more concerned with the fact that he puts the ball right on his guy. Pinkston made no adjustment whatsoever.

OH ok i see your point But then again thats not impossible for mcnugget to do
Old 06-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

spin16 said:
http://www.maddenauthority.com/Video%20C...%20Pinkston.mpg

Very, very sad.

This is only a 12-yard drop back, but still off the back foot, with McNabb, a guy of average accuracy. Unbelievable.

Is this really any worse than the CPU never throwing a ball more than 20 yards in ESPN? Seriously there are issues with both games, not really fair to only point out one.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:11 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Jistic said:
Quote:

spin16 said:

Very, very sad.

This is only a 12-yard drop back, but still off the back foot, with McNabb, a guy of average accuracy. Unbelievable.

Is this really any worse than the CPU never throwing a ball more than 20 yards in ESPN? Seriously there are issues with both games, not really fair to only point out one.

Unfortunately I've never played ESPN -- don't have it on the PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 18

what!!!!!!!!!...havent you heard espn is like
Old 06-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #37
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

Jistic said:
Quote:

spin16 said:

Very, very sad.

Hmmm...Brett Favre just completed a 45 yd bomb to Driver and guess which game...ESPN
Old 06-09-2004, 11:08 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

Jistic said:
Quote:

spin16 said:

Very, very sad.

It's much worse, because it's a problem with the game engine rather than with the AI. You have the option of playing with human players who will throw deep in ESPN and the problem is solved. There is no getting around a game engine flaw, however.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:12 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:

seanmac said:
Quote:

Jistic said:
Quote:

spin16 said:

Very, very sad.

It's much worse, because it's a problem with the game engine rather than with the AI. You have the option of playing with human players who will throw deep in ESPN and the problem is solved. There is no getting around a game engine flaw, however.

It also seems like the deep ball would be a much easier problem to solve, since it's not a game engine flaw. Last year was the first time that I can really remember anyone complaining about the lack of a cpu deep ball. (Maybe it was a problem before last year too, but I don't remember reading anything about it on these boards.) In any event, if enough people complained about it last year, I'd bet $100 VC fixed it for this year. Guess we'll have to wait and see. With Madden, though, it looks like a certainty that their problem is still there.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:25 AM   #40
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

did you guys ever think that just because you have the ability to drop back 20 yards (which actually you can't....or at least I can't....not even with Michael Vick) doesn't mean you have to.

If you are so worried about people dropping back 20 yards and throwing to receivers that come back, why not just join a league that has a rule against it. Or.....just play Hum vs CPU. The CPU doesn't drop back 20 yards.

Personally, I don't have a problem with dropping back like 20 yards...but you know what? I don't drop back 20 yards because I want to play realistic. Just because the option is there doesn't mean you HAVE to or that people you play WILL.

Geez, you guys look for any flaw in the game and ride it the whole way trying to persuade people that the game sucks. Get over it. Nothing is or will ever be perfect. There's always going to be something wrong with the game but you deal with it and move on. Or get a life, a job, and/or a girl...or whatever

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »